What's New?

Victor Martinez Not Competing in 2012 Mr Olympia

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Picked this up from another website:

victor-martinez-2004-3+copy.jpg

IFBB Pro Victor Martinez has been out of lock up for a little more than 3 months and has already gained back a tremendous amount of size. I saw him this past weekend at the IFBB PBW Tampa Pro show and, by the looks of him, you’d never know he recently spent the better part of 2012 behind bars. However, with the 2012 Mr. Olympia only 7 weeks away, it still doesn't look as if Victor should be putting his physique on the line by competing in the O.Last year, Victor took 4th place at the 2011 Mr. Olympia in Las Vegas. Over the last six years, Victor has placed in the top six 5 times. Even more remarkable, Victor has never placed out of the top 10 at the Olympia. I am mentioning these statistics to demonstrate the level of excellence that Victor has to live up to. Victor said that one of the main reasons he was at the Tampa Pro show was to “see my fellow competitors”, and see if he’s close enough to do damage at the Olympia.

At the Tampa Pro, Victor came by and said hi to Darielle and myself and, as good as Victor is already looking, I assumed he wasn’t competing in the Olympia. I asked him if he was planning on waiting until the Arnold in 2013 and he said it looks that way. I honestly didn’t think that much of Victor’s answer till I saw his video interview with Dan Solomon in which Victor alluded to not competing but was still non-committal.

I think Victor’s decision to hold off on competing in 2012 is a smart one. Even though Victor has fought through some amazing obstacles, anything less than a top 6 finish would be a tremendous disappointment. As he states in his interview with Dan, “I have gained back the 50 pounds that I lost, but the weight I gained back isn’t the same quality.” I think that with another 6 months of solidifying those gains, and we might just see the best Victor Martinez ever!

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Mar 31, 2011
After seeing pictures of him after his release from prison I assumed he wouldn't be. It's a shame though because he's definitely one of my favorites. With him and Jay out of the lineup it's going to open up some of those top spots for some new guys. Not the number one spot though, Heath will retain the crown.

airagee23

airagee23

MuscleHead
Dec 27, 2010
I think its a good decision. He knows whats best for him. Id love to see him wait and come in to the Arnold at his peak.

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
maybe the "reporter" will actually get this story correct...

irish_2003

irish_2003

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
taking time off (for jail) might have been really good for his physique and system....i remember reading about ifbb flavio bacciannini only training 6 months out of the year but very intensely....you have to be able to live life and do other things...and the stress of doing this to he max year round i think holds many people back from ever reaching their full potential....

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Anyone who thought he was going to actually do the olympia is a dumb ass. Yes he signed the contract, but really? I'm sure he was pressured by sponsors to do so to generate hype.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
It's a tough ask to go through what he went through and then do the Olympia.

baseballrder

baseballrder

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2010
Just read his article in last issue of MD, dude has been through his fair share of BS, he will be back, he said in the article after getting out of prison he had the cleanest receptors in the sport.. thought that was funny

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic