RalfKelleh
What's New?

Veteran’s Day

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Much respect to my fellow veterans.

If you’re going out to eat today, and you’re not a veteran, let the vets who go out for free food have a seat first. I’ve talked to many vets who don’t even go out today because the lines are so long and the wait-times are too much. I’m heavily involved in my local legion, and I talked to very poor older vets who look forward to eating food they normally can’t afford on Veterans Day.

I don’t go out to eat anyways, so I don’t go out on Veterans Day either. And I can afford to take myself to those places anyways. But for those that can’t, mostly old Vietnam vets and other income restricted vets, today is special and should be.

Anyhow, much respect once again to any and all who served honorably.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Thank you to all who served.

Makes sense @SAD I'll reserve my comments about the douches in the world who don't agree with you.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I genuinely appreciate all the service of our vets here! I salute you! God Bless.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Dug up the old Parris Island boot camp graduation pic from November of 1990. Me and my pop. Semper Fi
46077551_10217594300951361_4092179534651064320_n.jpg

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
You went through in a good part of the year, which I heartily recommend. I was fool enough to go shortly after school ended, in the summer :mad:.
Semper Fi, kid666. Summer in PI ain't no joke, and I'm guessing snapping in during winter gets a bit coolish . . . "Good Times" ???

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I stayed home. Phoned a few brothers around the country, laughed and got drunk. I might be in the minority but I can’t even watch TV on Veterans or Memorial day. “Ra-ra” patriotism and mattress sales just don’t appeal to me.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
do I see a recruit?? or a pvt??
seems we were there at same time -- I graduated nov 90 3rd bat kilo company
That pic was i believe a few days before graduation when family members could visit. I actually picked up meritorious PFC out of boot. Graduated as the guide of my platoon. 2nd Battalion.(2117) Fox com, i wanna say. Shit i was 25 years old in boot camp. Older than some of the drill instructors.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
That pic was i believe a few days before graduation when family members could visit. I actually picked up meritorious PFC out of boot. Graduated as the guide of my platoon. 2nd Battalion.(2117) Fox com, i wanna say. Shit i was 25 years old in boot camp. Older than some of the drill instructors.
OH HECK I was scribe then guide.. I also picked up my Merit pfc out of boot -- crazy crazy brother
i turned 24 in boot was second oldest -- did some college -- and did some time (17-19) in another branch lol

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Wow great to see here you all acknowledge.
I myself served Desert Storm but I just don’t celebrate any holidays period . No wife no kids and I actually like it that way . I even retired early as I was getting terminated for saying a so called “ felons “ life when she OD at the laundry mat in front of me . They said I was a “ security risk “ like why would I do ? Cuz she’s a fucking human being . So I no longer am social worker during my 2plus years of paid suspension I went back to school became veterinarian technician so now work mostly with animals . No more politics or people. Dogs , Cats, horses and alpaca . I look forward to life again . I still teach Serrada , Pin Sun and Yanagi Shinkage Ryu kenjutsu and bojutsu at my friends karate dojo . Which can be difficult from mixed bugei background teaching at a commercial dojo where everyone is obsessed with rank yikes . Different teaching civilians then soldiers and police very frustrating at time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic