Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Vastus Medialis HELP!!!

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
Brethren I have what some call Turnip legs.....if I measured my legs correctly right one is 26 3/4 and left one is 26 1/2 which I'm happy with the size, BUT I have the hardest time trying to target the teardrop muscle. Any tricks or tips you guys have to hit the VM more exclusively? Thanks in advance

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Brethren I have what some call Turnip legs.....if I measured my legs correctly right one is 26 3/4 and left one is 26 1/2 which I'm happy with the size, BUT I have the hardest time trying to target the teardrop muscle. Any tricks or tips you guys have to hit the VM more exclusively? Thanks in advance

There’s a single leg press exercise that I do to develop the tear drops as well of the outer femoris facaea separation by angling your foot 45 degrees inward on each single leg press and it should feel a little funny (if you’ve never done them before) to start but as you develop these, they’re going to be all you want to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I haven't been serious about leg mass for a few years but my teardrops remain large from Mountain Biking (MTB). I've lost mass at the mid quad and hips since I started riding regularly (3-4hrs 3days/week) but my strength and lower leg mass persisted.

I have played with the foot placement (and angles like @The Phoenix mentioned) for my bodybuilders and to improve my riding. If you have access to a hack/hip sled (ass high feet down*) try putting your feet where your shoes would hit bike pedals. It's not quite on your toes (like calf raises) but heels must be off the platform with midfoot doing the work. For MTB, 1/2 range of motion is all you need to mimic the power stroke of the cranks. If you feel it too much in your calves, put more shoe on the platform. These will be harder and weights will be lighter but the mechanical disadvantage will help you grow.

Much in the way guys will put a plate under their heels or wear platform Do-Wins to squat easier...you're essentially digging a hole under your heels to make it harder.

*Opposite of leg press which is ass down feet up.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Ride a stationary bike at the beginning and end of every workout. But unlike the way 99% of people who get on the bike at the gym to appear to be doing something while doing nothing for 30min, you’ll be doing 10min of interval training. I start on 6/25 and do that for 1min, then 30sec as hard as I can on 25/25 (hard as fuck), then back to 1min at 6, repeat. If you’re not out of breath and quads on fire after 10min, you did it wrong.

IMO, the range of motion of a stationary bike is only 1/3 of that of a deep squat, so while you’re not getting the hip and upper quad so much, you target the lower quad and obviously calves/ankles/feet.

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
Really thank you guys I really appreciate it!!!

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
I normally don't post leg photos but this was a while back, added more vascularity.

Attachments

• 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 94
LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
funny thing is my warmup in the gym is on the leg press....no lie. EVERY TRAINING day is 100 reps with a plate on each side. chest day? warm up on leg press...back...warm up on leg press....
lol
works for me....but some people think I am nuts

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
funny thing is my warmup in the gym is on the leg press....no lie. EVERY TRAINING day is 100 reps with a plate on each side. chest day? warm up on leg press...back...warm up on leg press....
lol
works for me....but some people think I am nuts

Sometimes, I'll do legs 3 times per week.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic