Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Var or TBol first?

N

NBly

Jul 7, 2014
Hi!

Which would you ladies suggest running first? A cycle of Tbol or a cycle of Var? I have both, and plan on running a cycle of each one after the other, but can't decide which to run first..

Stats:
I am 5'2, 127 pounds, roughly 20% BF. I used to compete in Women's Physique but have "retired" for the time being, and just want to run something to get back some strength and drop my bodyfat a little while putting on some of the muscle I have lost.. I finished my last cycle in November, so my receptors are pretty fresh. My diet is spot-on, short of a small cheat once or twice a week - averaging about 2700-3000 cals. 250 g protein, fats and carbs vary but usually about 95g fat and 265 g carbs. I train 5-7 days a week - still lifting like I did when I competed, just not with as much weight because my strength has plummeted being au naturale for 6+ months.

Like I said, I am not looking for big changes - I wouldn't mind staying around 125-130 with say 16% BF. I am not sure if I would be better to start with a TBol cycle first, then var? Or the other way around? I have run both before - typically I only ran TBol to bulk though, so I'm not super familiar with it for cutting/maintenance.

Any input would be super helpful - thank you! :)

Last edited:

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
First, welcome :)

You say you have run both before so I assume you know what each does for you (you mentioned tbol for bulk). I have run both also but haven't run tbol by itself. I will say I liked tbol over var though, var isn't one of my favorite compounds lol

Since you only used tbol for a bulk, why not try it first and see how it works for your current intended goal?

N

NBly

Jul 7, 2014
Thank you! I signed up earlier this month and have kind of been lurking around since, I am a little shy at first LOL

I think that is exactly what I'll do - I got myself up to 150 pounds on TBol last time around, I don't want that kind of size again, but I think as long as I keep my macros in check and maybe throw in an ECY stack I can stay fairly lean while gaining a few pounds of muscle.

If anyone is interested in the results, I'll definitely share - I am looking at starting on Monday :)

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Thank you! I signed up earlier this month and have kind of been lurking around since, I am a little shy at first LOL

I think that is exactly what I'll do - I got myself up to 150 pounds on TBol last time around, I don't want that kind of size again, but I think as long as I keep my macros in check and maybe throw in an ECY stack I can stay fairly lean while gaining a few pounds of muscle.

If anyone is interested in the results, I'll definitely share - I am looking at starting on Monday :)

When you bulked, what was your diet like? I always hold a tad of water on just about every compound except winny...even mast I held a tiny bit...var...more than any and I can't stand that.

Most likely you will hold some water with it but it shouldn't be huge, I would be interested in your progress. What dose are you going to do?

T

The Rockette

TID Lady Member
Apr 16, 2013
First, welcome :)

You say you have run both before so I assume you know what each does for you (you mentioned tbol for bulk). I have run both also but haven't run tbol by itself. I will say I liked tbol over var though, var isn't one of my favorite compounds lol

Since you only used tbol for a bulk, why not try it first and see how it works for your current intended goal?

I second this

Except I'm using Tbol right now (along with T3) to cut and am having awesome results. Haven't used it to bulk yet. I like it WAY better than Var

Honestly I don't think it's going to make a huge difference which one you run first, it's not like you're trying to get stage lean by a specific date, KWIM?

N

NBly

Jul 7, 2014
When I ran Tbol to bulk I was eating 4000-5000 cals a day - so a huge difference from my diet now! I was on a pretty aggressive bulk, so I'm excited to see how it runs on a much cleaner maintenance diet.
I have always loved them both - var is my current favorite but this cycle could change my mind, we shall see! Water weight was minimal for me on var, but I was also pre-contest and super low carb so I'm sure that made a difference - it was worse on tbol but again I'm sure that was the diet.

I am not trying to get stage lean, more like "life lean". I just want to be a tad happier with my appearance/strength in general, so I am running a super low dose for both cycles. Probably 12.5/day of tbol split into 2 doses, and then I'll run 5-10/day of var the same way. Like I said, nothing crazy, just a little "pick-me-up" if you will - I know I can get where I want naturally, but I have already been to the dark side so it's tough for me to leave completely LOL.

I will definitely keep you all posted on results - I am thinking I may start a log if anyone would be interested?

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
When I ran Tbol to bulk I was eating 4000-5000 cals a day - so a huge difference from my diet now! I was on a pretty aggressive bulk, so I'm excited to see how it runs on a much cleaner maintenance diet.
I have always loved them both - var is my current favorite but this cycle could change my mind, we shall see! Water weight was minimal for me on var, but I was also pre-contest and super low carb so I'm sure that made a difference - it was worse on tbol but again I'm sure that was the diet.

I am not trying to get stage lean, more like "life lean". I just want to be a tad happier with my appearance/strength in general, so I am running a super low dose for both cycles. Probably 12.5/day of tbol split into 2 doses, and then I'll run 5-10/day of var the same way. Like I said, nothing crazy, just a little "pick-me-up" if you will - I know I can get where I want naturally, but I have already been to the dark side so it's tough for me to leave completely LOL.

I will definitely keep you all posted on results - I am thinking I may start a log if anyone would be interested?

Got it, well sounds like a good plan and yes, please do a log :)

B

BleezyF

Jul 18, 2014
First post of the log is up - i created a new username that I will be using from now on though - the other one gave more away than it should have. Didn't really think that through LOL

P

Pinkiron

TID Lady Member
Jul 26, 2014
I second this

Except I'm using Tbol right now (along with T3) to cut and am having awesome results. Haven't used it to bulk yet. I like it WAY better than Var

Honestly I don't think it's going to make a huge difference which one you run first, it's not like you're trying to get stage lean by a specific date, KWIM?

Hi I'm interested in finding out more about T3 during a cut. What dose are you on and for how long?

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
so how much tbol would a female need to run lets say not to bulk but for strength instead of var?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic