Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Usman Knockout

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Any of you guys see that last round head shot from Edwards that knock out Usman?

I couldn't believe it, aside from the first round Edwards was losing big time. Last round he nails a perfect head shot landed right on Usman jaw and good night.

The co main event was a good fight as well. All in all a good night of fights.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Co main was a wild fight especially at the end with the smearing of the blood on the face, never seen that before

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
I had a bet on the underdog Edwards, and won $3000. I can't stand Usman, and I rarely make bets against teams or people that I don't like. It is just not very smart betting at all. Never bet on emotions. You'll lose more than you win. But this fight was different, had a gut feeling that Edwards would do it. And yeah, he was getting his ass kicked, but all it takes is one punch or kick, and it is game over. Edwards knocked him out good too. That was a perfectly landed kick. And Joe Rogan and the other announcers reactions after he did it, priceless.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I had a bet on the underdog Edwards, and won $3000. I can't stand Usman, and I rarely make bets against teams or people that I don't like. It is just not very smart betting at all. Never bet on emotions. You'll lose more than you win. But this fight was different, had a gut feeling that Edwards would do it. And yeah, he was getting his ass kicked, but all it takes is one punch or kick, and it is game over. Edwards knocked him out good too. That was a perfectly landed kick. And Joe Rogan and the other announcers reactions after he did it, priceless.
Exactly what makes the sport so exciting. Its never over til its over. Probably one of if not the best knock out head shots in a title fight.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I've been looking for the clip. I think this is it...

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
Nice work on the bet.....Usman was asking afterward what hit him......he didn't see the kick at all or at least didn't remember seeing it.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
This was a shocker but greatly enjoyed it. Usman was so damn cocky.

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
Nice! I had heard he won but I didn’t realize the details and in what fashion.
Sometimes when the lights get shut out like that the fighter is not the same.
Not sure how
Many of those a guys should take

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I've been looking for the clip. I think this is it...

Nice clip but doesn't do justice to the shot. They played a clip the night of the fight which showed his foot actually hitting the side of Usman's face. Rogan kept saying lets see that again in slow motion. It was nasty! I'll try and find it.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I think everybody watching, including Rogan et al, and the fighters had all but thought the fight was over. Neither guys was ever hurt, Usman's ground game is more control than damage, and I find it boring, but he was winning big time. It looked like Leon was actually scared of him. I think Usman is a great fighter, but I can't really stand him either. I don't like his 'bully' antics of stare-downs after each bell, or when he walks over to his opponents side when announced...and other things. he just rubs me the wrong way. I hope and bet he is more civil out of the octagon and cameras....but...,.

That is a benefit to somebody like Leon, it only takes one kick. I don't care how much talent he has, he thought this fight was over. He never even went for broke knowing he was losing the fight. It wasn't until Usman played it safe and backed off a little that Leon even threw that kick.

That said, i'm super glad he landed it. My question now is how will this effect Usman's fight game? Look at guys like GSP, who were more aggressive early on, then ponce they got KO'd, they came back and always played it safe without the killer instinct. Not saying that will happen, but it will be interesting to see if it messes with Usman....knowing a kick could come out of nowhere and do the same thing, lol. I see this more with top guys, as the lower and just out of the top 3-5 guys have mutliple losses and it seems to not effect them as much.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic