lk has no balls
What's New?

Using tires in training?!

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Maybe a dumb question,
And I did take a peak through strongman forum ...

But as never having even seen someone use a tire, and recently joining a gym with 3 tires

I would love to use them to mix things up but need a few pointers /ideas on the best way to get the most out of using tires in training ...

So anyone ?

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
And yes I realize I could hit up you tube ... But assumed if get a bunch if crossfit bs and I want it from smart people ;)

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Given that tires are damn big, you might ask the new gym manager how they recommend to use them - e.g. if they have a sign-up or use them in classes / groups or something. Or do they have an "intro to tire flipping" class? Frequently gyms require you be signed up w/ a trainer or have sort of more structured program or requirements to use some of the more crossfit-ish eqpt - in my gyms, for example they have those fancy new frames for stretching / pull-ups/ TRX and then call it the "Trainer Area".

And doing the obvious - here's some good starting points:
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d...29,d.bmk&fp=f178abe73c512955&biw=1088&bih=621

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I can only tell you what not to do... Don't try and curl it. You'll tear a bicep. I guess you kinda use your chest to push it and just use arms to stabilize.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
My wife uses tires to train her clients. You flip them and can hit them with a sledge hammer

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
We also have the trx...

Tires are only taught in the crossfit classes ...

But you can use them without a trainer

Given that tires are damn big, you might ask the new gym manager how they recommend to use them - e.g. if they have a sign-up or use them in classes / groups or something. Or do they have an "intro to tire flipping" class? Frequently gyms require you be signed up w/ a trainer or have sort of more structured program or requirements to use some of the more crossfit-ish eqpt - in my gyms, for example they have those fancy new frames for stretching / pull-ups/ TRX and then call it the "Trainer Area".

And doing the obvious - here's some good starting points:
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d...29,d.bmk&fp=f178abe73c512955&biw=1088&bih=621

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Using tires ?!

You can flip them for good endurance cardio work. You can do sledge hammer hits on them

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You can flip them for good endurance cardio work. You can do sledge hammer hits on them

RR just summed it up for you. Flip it 10x and than hit it with the sledge 10x with each arm and than repeat.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I can just imagine the waiver required by the gym's ins co for sledge hammer flinging!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I can just imagine the waiver required by the gym's ins co for sledge hammer flinging!

The wavier you sign isn't any different than when you join some fanchised non grunting allowing gym. You still accept sole responsibility for your actions and just like with anything else.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic