Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Usefull Injection Sites For Rotation

DanButcher

DanButcher

Sep 9, 2010
Basic Sites

Here are some injection sites that will help people rotate sites more frequently. This is not an inclusive list as many muscle groups can be injected, however these are in my opinion the easiest ones to administer and in the long term provide the least hindrance to training and day to day life.

Glutes (Ass Cheeks)

Glutes-1.gif

Can take higher volumes of cc/ml. Personally have not problem with 5.5ml every 4-5 days. Can pin smaller amounts more more frequently. Would advise to keep 3cc/ml and under for a beginner. I would advise a needle preference size 23g 1.25inch to 21g 1.5inch. Would advise injecting here 12 hours before training this muscle

Side Deltoids (Shoulders)

Shoulders.jpg

Can take a few cc/ml. I would advise at keeping 1.5ml and under and only injecting with a minimum rest period from previous injections of 4-5 days. Beginners I would advise to keep to under 1cc/ml. I would advise a needle of 25g 1inch however can be done nicely with a 29g 12.7mm insulin needle if moderately lean or less. Would advise to inject here 24hrs prior to training the muscle.

Quads (Outter Thighs)

Quads.gif

Can take moderate to higher levels of cc/ml. The upper thigh should be divided into thirds from the hip to the knee, the middle third is where to inject. I personally have 3 sites per quad as marked on the diagram, you can do more or less, however I find 3 to be ideal. I would advise keeping it to under 1.5m per quad site if using 3 sites and only injecting with a minimum rest period from previous injections of 5-7 days. You can use more if using less sites or less if using more sites. For a beginner I would advise keeping it to 1ml or under per quad site. Needle size 25g 1inch is adequate, some recommend higher, personally I like to use 29g 12.7mm insulin needle, if done correctly and your moderatley lean or less it works very well and is painless. Please be advised quads can be very tender for several days the first few injections and can cause allot of discomfort when trying to kneel, stand up or sit down. The paid subsides with latter injections however it can take some people several injections before they become comfortable and also the discomfort can take up to 48hrs to come through. Bare this in mind for your first injection into this area. Advise to inject here 48hrs prior to training the muscle directly

Calves (Inner)

Calves.gif

Can take a few cc/ml. I would advise to keep it 1.5cc/ml or under and injecting with a minimum rest period from previous injections of 6-8 days. For a beginner I would advise 1cc/ml and under. Can cause discomfort when walking/exercising and can be very discomforting for the first few injections. I would advise a needle of 25g 1inch however can be done nicely with a 29g 12.7mm insulin needle if moderately lean or less. Advise to inject here 72hrs prior to training the muscle directly or the other leg muscles.

Please note: People with high fat content may be required to use longer needles than advised.

Advanced/Other Sites

This section has been developed by our members. The members name will be credited to the part which they have helped out with. They get mine and the forums full thanks in helping develop this section, thanks fellas!

Triceps:

Both heads of the tricep can be used for injection sites and can hold around 1cc per head. To find the site for the long head of the tricep, hold your arm outstretched to the side where you can see the tricep hang down, then insert the needle directly upwards into the middle of the muscle. To find the site for the lateral head, lock out your arm as if you were doing a tricep press down and pin directly in the middle of that head. The post injection pain (PIP) can be fairly substantial; sometimes you may not even know your gear gives you PIP until you inject into a smaller area like this, since this is one of the smaller muscle groups. It is not uncommon to feel it radiate down towards the elbow. A 25g, 1 inch needle or 29g, 12.7mm insulin pin can be used even at somewhat higher bodyfat percentages. Injections should be done a minimum of two days prior to training the muscle, though the down time will be reduced the more you have injected here. Keep in mind that you should avoid this area if you do not have a good amount of muscle here and that injections should be done no sooner than 5 days after the previous injection.

Calves (Outer):

This spot is great I have put 2.5mls in the outside heads. I use 5/8, 25 gauge needles...27 gage by 1/2 are good too. Beginners, warm the oil and only inject 1/2 ml into worked out muscles. This will make for a pain free experience. Shreadedwheat recommended this protocol for calves and its great. Avoid going too high on the calf or too low, you want to be in the muscle belly it's self. The outside calves are less painful than the inside calf head. As inner states best to leave around 72 hours before you train this muscle after injecting

Biceps (Inner):

Inner bicep. I like to alternate using 5/8 and 1'', 25 gage needles. First time I pinned 1/2 ml per head. Now I can easily put 2 mls in each bicep. Avoid the upper and lower parts of the bicep, ensure you hit the middle inner head at the angle shown. Avoid doing this if you have not developed your biceps to a reasonable size. Best to wait around 48hr prior to training this muscle after injection.

Tensor Fasciae Latae (NOT VENTROGLUTE) :

I have a few veins in this area so I'm always careful not to move and always aspirate. I used to hit this spot standing, kinda leaning against a wall, however now I hit it lay down (forgot who here recommended this). When you lay on your side the muscle pops out. I started pinning 1 ml here and now I routinely put 3 mls in this site, it could possibly hold more although I have not tried. This area is usually well tolerated but allowing 48hrs from in injection prior to doing training that will put load on this area is advised.

Ventroglute
1) Identify 3 very distinct bony structures. The anterior superior iliac spine, the greater trochanter and the top of your iliac crest.

2) Imagine a line coming backwards from the anterior superior iliac spine towards your glutes. Where that line crosses with the line from step 3 (ie the line going up from the greater trochanter to the iliac crest) is the site you wanna pin

405114.1075756688164.ventrogluteal1.jpg

See pic on far-right (click to enlarge)

85alVmX.jpg

(click to enlarge)

Pin where the green lines cross, or anywhere within that triangle marked by the red lines

Lying Down Method

Basically while lying down, you abduct your leg upwards to the ceiling (ie doing some sort of lateral leg raise while lying on your side) and you can feel (heck, you can even SEE) the glute medius muscle contract and move. It is an abductor muscle alongside glute minimus and this is a definitive way of locating the muscle if you're struggling.

Remember to relax the muscle again (lower your leg back down) before you pin!

zomH15u.jpg

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
This is really useful! Been doing this a while but it helps to see I've been doing some things right. Thanks DB!

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
I feel sorry for that hairy dude pumping 3ml into his calf…lol

no doubt !
I shave injection sites before I pin.Wont touch calves, thinking about trying lats in the near future.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Bringing this thread back up to recycle it. One of the better reads I've seen for injection sites. I for one have had sone trouble with quads since taking their virginity recently. This is not one of the leaner areas on me so it makes it a little more difficult to pin point.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I have done Glutes, Ventroglutes, Thighs, Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. I think I will stick to glutes. The least painful shot by far.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic