Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

USAG Florida State Champion

blm

blm

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2023
Some of you from WCBB are familiar with my daughters gymnastics progress through the years. Last year as an 8 year old in Level 3 she became state champion on balance beam.

This year she took it to a whole new level. What makes it even more remarkable is, about 2 months ago we almost pulled her out because she was being lazy and just going through the motions. I had a come to Jesus moment with her and after significant hysterics and meltdowns, she started getting her sht together.

Last weekend at 9 years old, she became the Florida State Champion in all 4 events and all around. She also scored her first perfect 10 (on balance beam). She missed it by .075 on floor.

She is now #8 all around in the country for Xcel HP Gold skill level (similar to level 4-5 compulsory).

Next week she gets to represent Florida on the state team at Regionals. They choose the top 8 in the Southeast US based on the state meet and she was #3.

I am still on top of the world. I can only imagine how she feels everytime she thinks about it.

4 Gold medals and a 4ft tall trophy baby! Fk yeah!!!

Wish us luck at Regionals!

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
WOW! That is off the charts awesome! Congrats to your daughter on regaining her discipline and refocusing on her God given talents. It takes a very special youngster to maintain the motivation of training everyday on such a skilled and very physical events. She probably sees all her friends going off to each others house to hang out and do what young girls do. However, she has a talent given to so few and kudos to her for making the best of it. Very impressive!!!!

Reactions: blm
blm

blm

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2023
WOW! That is off the charts awesome! Congrats to your daughter on regaining her discipline and refocusing on her God given talents. It takes a very special youngster to maintain the motivation of training everyday on such a skilled and very physical events. She probably sees all her friends going off to each others house to hang out and do what young girls do. However, she has a talent given to so few and kudos to her for making the best of it. Very impressive!!!!
Yeah it's nuts. It's 10.5 hours a week after school. There are definitely times where she wants to be a 'normal' 9 year old. We give her the option, whenever she wants to back off or step away, it's her choice. She always chooses to keep going. It's truly a passion. I'm inspired by her, to be honest.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
That is awesome! Congratulations and good luck!

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
That's awesome bro. My daughter is 11 and competes in USAIGC and is the current State Champ for All-Around and Floor and #1 in Floor for regionals. I love the fact that she's a jock and not a cheerleader :) The funny thing is I could care less about placings and onky want her to get the lessons I got from sport. My wife OTOH is a maniac about competitions and its a real fun ride home from meets where my daughter doesn't crush it.

blm

blm

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2023
That's awesome bro. My daughter is 11 and competes in USAIGC and is the current State Champ for All-Around and Floor and #1 in Floor for regionals. I love the fact that she's a jock and not a cheerleader :) The funny thing is I could care less about placings and onky want her to get the lessons I got from sport. My wife OTOH is a maniac about competitions and its a real fun ride home from meets where my daughter doesn't crush it.
That's awesome. Good for her. I'm the same way. I'm on cloud nine for her when she is killing it and equally as supportive when she's not. My wife can be pretty tough sometimes. I have to do reel her back in and remind her that she is not the coach and the last thing she needs after having a rough practice or competition is someone pointing out her shortcomings that she is already hyper aware of.

These gymnastics girls are so far ahead of their non gymnastics peers in terms of maturity, discipline, commitment and responsibility. It's impressive.

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
Absolutely awesome BLM! Go kick some ass at Regionals and beyond. Give those Olympic coaches something to say WTF who's this girl and why isn't she here in our facility!!!

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
That is fucking awesome brother!! I can only imagine the time and energy she has put in to get where she’s at. My daughters did gymnastics for a few years and we had to pull them out the time commitment was getting so crazy and they weren’t even competing yet. You can tell pretty early in gymnastics if they have “it” and ours didn’t, they were good but weren’t going to be superstars. Congrats to you and your daughter, what an amazing accomplishment!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Not sure how i misses this. Congrats with your daughter man, this is really cool and fun to read:cool:

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
CONGRATS

I bet she is strong. Good for her and her proud papa

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic