Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

USADA to strip Armstrong of his 7 titles

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Does anyone really give a shit about PED's in sports anymore?? Hasn't this subject been beat to death yet... jeeez!!

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Mar 31, 2011
I may be in the minority here, but I don't mind seeing suspensions and bans for players caught using PED's. The rules say drug free so you're expected to be drug free. I will never step on a powerlifting platform in a drug free fed. I'm not bashing athletes who get caught using PED's. I fully understand why they do it and I would probably do the same in their situation. I'm just saying I have no problem with them being punished when they get caught. They knowingly broke the rules, so they have to pay the penalty if they're dumb enough, or unlucky enough, to get caught.

As far as Armstrong goes, I need to see USADA's evidence before I form my opinion on whether or not I think he cheated, but I honestly don't know if I believe he did. As far as I understand it, the only evidence is statements of other racers, all of whom lost to him and most of whom have already been caught doping themselves. That's some motivation right there for them to throw him under the bus. They claim they saw him using. The man has probably been subjected to more drug tests than any other athlete in history and has been squeaky clean every time. I just don't understand why every anti-doping agency has such a hard on for this guy. He turned cycling into a sport people actually paid a little bit of attention to. Not to mention he hasn't competed seriously in almost 8 years. If he truly did cheat and beat the system for that long, without leaving one single piece of actual physical evidence along the way, then bravo to him. The man's a fucking genius if that's the case <-- That's a statement that probably only us select few will appreciate.

Unless I see the evidence and there's something really solid in there, I'll take Armstrong at his word. I would be tired of fighting these allegations too. He's been fighting the fight for 10-15 years now, despite the fact he has been retired from the sport for almost 8 years. He shouldn't have to invest substantial amounts of his time and money every single year to defend his reputation against claims from people he beat. He is still the best cyclist to ever live and always will be. Not to mention a truly great and inspirational human being.

Last edited:
irish_2003

irish_2003

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
he should start his own cycling federation and steal their athletes

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
You cannot trust the government, they probably wanted money and some settlement from him. They always go after good athletes for extra money. I guess the notion if you finish first, you used something to get there that wasn't legal. It's just a load of crap. People can accomplish anything with hard work and determination.

As Obama would say "You didn't build that."

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
He had a rat:

Disgraced former rider Floyd Landis has claimed that Armstrong tested positive for the blood booster EPO at the Tour of Switzerland in 2001 and paid off then-UCI president Hein Verbruggen to keep it quiet.

Numerous witnesses provided evidence to USADA based on personal knowledge acquired, either through direct observation of doping activity by Armstrong,or through Armstrong’s admissions of doping to them that Armstrong used EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone and cortisone during the period from before 1998 through 2005, and that he had previously used EPO, testosterone and hGH through 1996. Witnesses also provided evidence that Lance Armstrong gave to them, encouraged them to use and administered doping products or methods, including EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone and cortisone during the period from 1999 through 2005. Additionally, scientific data showed Mr. Armstrong’s use of blood manipulation including EPO or blood transfusions during Mr. Armstrong’s comeback to cycling in the 2009 Tour de France.

Last edited:
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
''Witnesses'', more like rats that wanted him outta the way. I don't believe they produced any real evidence just finger pointing and hearsay. That and the frogs were tired of him winning. I wonder if his bloodwork was off from cancer or the treatments

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Haters are gonna hate.lance is the greatest cyclist ever with or without gear.

Rfagazzi

Rfagazzi

MuscleHead
Mar 15, 2012
Disgusting display of behavior! Let's pick on the guy who beat all the odds, both on, and off the track! He is one of the most inspiring men alive, and they treat him like a criminal. Pisses me off!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic