Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Urban Meyer to the Jags - boom or bust?

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Im calling it now, he will be a bust. He cant handle these guys like college kids. Good news is Timmy may get another shot to play in the league again....

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I agree, take the money and run!

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
He could make the same or more in College.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
He took the money and Florida is his old stomping rounds. Very few coaches make an easy transition from college to pros. You get kids who play for the love of the game, their university, and their coach. The pros, its all about the money. I don't see this going well. Fortunately for Meyer, the bar wont be set to high with the Jags since they are horrible. I would say he will likely make it two years....maybe three tops. Either bow out and take a college job or his health issues will resurface. He's an Ohio native, but had pit stops in Utah and Florida. Both where he had success besides at tOSU. I think this was about making some money and doing it somewhere where his family is ok with.

O

OldPLer

Nov 29, 2010
He has been successful everywhere he has been, but pros is a whole different game.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Urban Meyer is a college coach through and through. I don't see him being successful in the NFL. The pro game is just a different game then the college level.

It's an ego / money thing. Of course he wants to try to prove he can be successful in the NFL, and he can make some money along the way. I just don't see it working out though.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
If Urban goes in with the mindset of a college coach, he will fail miserably. You can't treat men who get paid a lot of money to play the same way you would college kids. That said, he will have Trevor Lawrence as QB, so Meyer's success will likely hinge primarily on the the development of Lawrence and the O-Line's ability to protect him.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
What has he been doing since Ohio State, anyone know?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Boom! With Trevor Lawrence he’ll make it work. I think his run will be successful but short. He never stays anywhere long.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic