What's New?

UPS delivery to wrong address

test
JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I’m not surprised there isn’t a higher percentage of issues. UPS and FedEx I’ve had the least amount of issues, almost none, and I can hold delivery at one of the stores. Now Amazon, they are better now, but they were delivering packages to wrong addresses and had no clue. USPS is by far the worst, I don’t know if they can even read. So many packages lost that say they are delivered. Last week the guy was standing outside my door trying to figure out if he had the right address… I was like, the house numbers are right here, does it match what you have in your hand? NO? great! you have the wrong house . The guy was so confused. We are doomed.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
About 1% of all our shipments are "lost", stolen or show delivered but the buyer "never received it".

Doesn't sound like a lot but it adds up.
We have a neighbor that gets our packages and we get his. I always walk my ass to his house and put his package at this front door but his sorry ass just steals ours. I don't want his shit.

K

KyleB

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2012
It depends on your service. Everytime I've moved it like a roulette of whose service will suck. We have a USPS delivery lady who doesn't care at all. She delivered my 70 year old neighbor diabetes meds down the street, multiple times. She just drops 2-3 address mail off in my mailbox. I know she does it on purpose cause when I'm out gardening and I see her drop our mail off, its just ours.

Had Ontrac lose track of a $3k order for a home remodel. Seller contacted Ontrac, they said they were lost, seller paid me back....Ontrac delivered it 2 days later, seller said keep it as they already got paid from Ontrac.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
UPS delivery here is pretty spot on. It is small town and I talk fishing with the guy all the time. However, USPS has some serious issues. They hire anyone to do their rural routes. I was getting a lot of dumb shit happening and started watching the lady who does the deliveries. I observed her health, hygiene/appearance drop rapidly in a couple months (drugs). I contacted the post master to ask if they are drug testing people and only those actually employed by USPS. Those rural carriers are sub-contracted. I told him he may want to pay attention to this one, because if you couldn't tell she was on something you are clueless.
Carrier turnover with USPS is at an all time high. They train, work a couple weeks and then just don't show up for the job. Just like everyone else, they don't want to work and could give a fuck if you get your mail or someone else's. Used to be one of the most sought after jobs when I was in my 20's, and you had to walk the route, not drive a truck. This country has fallen off a cliff.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Shit went sideways big time 10 years ago and escalated dramatically over that time. Biden, our POTUS, shit his pants this week in front of Macron president of France. The Big Guy, our Dog King. Maybe this bit is off topic. I guess my point is with leadership like this why should the youth give a shit!

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Carrier turnover with USPS is at an all time high. They train, work a couple weeks and then just don't show up for the job. Just like everyone else, they don't want to work and could give a fuck if you get your mail or someone else's. Used to be one of the most sought after jobs when I was in my 20's, and you had to walk the route, not drive a truck. This country has fallen off a cliff.
Couldn’t agree more. I also remember when it was considered a very respectable, even hard to get job

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Pretty sad when Fed Ex is even worse. A friend of mine works for Fed Ex and gets paid approx. $25 hr. plus benefits. Another friend was hired by Fed Ex as a sub-contractor w/ no benefits and uses his own vehicle and get paid over $50 hr. Both of these guys do good work unlike most of the others which I don't get as there all def. getting paid enough to do good work.
Fedex gets even worse over Christmas. I live back a long lane through the woods. The one time I didn't get my package. I called them and they showed me a picture of a white plastic bag in the snow. I found it 20 ft off my driveway and 20 ft off the road by the woods a good 600' from my home.

OP, regardless of what you're receiving, it should always have your full name on it. 99% of the time the driver knows your name.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Fedex gets even worse over Christmas. I live back a long lane through the woods. The one time I didn't get my package. I called them and they showed me a picture of a white plastic bag in the snow. I found it 20 ft off my driveway and 20 ft off the road by the woods a good 600' from my home.

OP, regardless of what you're receiving, it should always have your full name on it. 99% of the time the driver knows your name.
I've heard of so many empty skulled non-deliveries like yours. Appart. complex I live in is very well marked but we are constantly bringing other peoples packs to them and vice versa.

NuSciencePeptides

NuSciencePeptides

Aug 9, 2023
We have a neighbor that gets our packages and we get his. I always walk my ass to his house and put his package at this front door but his sorry ass just steals ours. I don't want his shit.
Thats the "delivered" but never got it issue!!!!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I’m not surprised there isn’t a higher percentage of issues. UPS and FedEx I’ve had the least amount of issues, almost none, and I can hold delivery at one of the stores. Now Amazon, they are better now, but they were delivering packages to wrong addresses and had no clue. USPS is by far the worst, I don’t know if they can even read. So many packages lost that say they are delivered. Last week the guy was standing outside my door trying to figure out if he had the right address… I was like, the house numbers are right here, does it match what you have in your hand? NO? great! you have the wrong house . The guy was so confused. We are doomed.
Lol. I order a fair amount of regular stuff from Wal Mart, Amazon, and smaller merchants. Only things I do f2f with Wal Mart are time sensitive groceries.

In either case, they've all been trending toward "the last mile" shipping business model for the last 10 yrs or so. That is where a distant merchant ships your goods UPS, FedEx, Amazon, or DHL . When your pack gets closer to home, it is delivered not to you but to your local USPS, who then (may) deliver it to you.

All shipping companies save overhead, split the profits, and the customer comes out even service-wise ... or, not so much. Further complicating shit is that Amazon is so big that you may be served by Amazon corporate or by a local entrepreneur who has been licensed by corporate to serve your area under the corporate label, kinda like McDonalds.

If all else has (not) failed, it still makes tracking complicated.

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
I have 4 UPS packages delivered to my address in a month. 3 of them I just simply dropped them off at the correct address...one was like way off and there was no way to return it as it had initials only.
Anyone else see this happening? I find it hard to believe anyone could fuck up a delivery with GPS as these addresses had the same house number but different streets all together. I will never send or receive anything especially sensitive items through UPS.
Happens here all the time us neighbors have exchanged numbers and ask if there are any packages or if we or they have seen anything that is ours/theirs…

not pronouns for our sexual situations haha , but it helps teach the kids what isnt theirs and is ours haha

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic