Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Upper pecs targeting

zackrock

zackrock

Sep 8, 2010
I leaned down for the summer and am now noticing that my upper chest is not very well filled in....I always start a chest workout with incline movements. Any advice for filling ou the outer pecs?

This is a basic chest routine I do:

Incline (dumbell, BB or machine) 5 sets...(first set of every excercise is a warm-up)

Flat bench-5 sets
Flyes (dumbell or machine) 4 sets
Decline 4 sets light weight, high reps.

There's other stuff thrown in there depending on the day, sometimes crossovers. The order changes, except incline is always the first movement.

C

cmonan

Sep 24, 2010
You could try Incline DB Flyes. They really hit my upper chest hard.
Make sure you go slow and controlled, and give a little pause at the top.

D

dropshot001

Sep 15, 2010
i'm a big fan of incline db. you might want to adjust your bench angle to see what works best for you

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I am trying to fill my upper chest as well and i am doing an amazing job so far with this routine:

Incline Dumbell Flyes:4x1012
Incline Dumbell Presses: 4x10-12
Incline Smith Machine Presses with a little narrow grip: 4x10-12
Flat Bench Barbell Presses: 4x10-12
Bodyweight Dips: 4x10
Machine Decline Presses: 4x10-12

I know, it's high volume but this is what works for me. You can adjust it to your own needs if you feel like it. The thing with the upper pecs is that i you pre-exhaust them and make sure there is minimal tricep and front delt involvement you will feel a very deep and intense contraction in the targeted area!

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
The problem with dumbell flyes is you really have to know how to do them right or most of the movement will just be rest.

Instead, do your incline presses (don't arch your back and make it a flat bench). Then do low pulley flyes in a scooping motion. bring your hands in front of your face and hold for a count.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic