Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Upper Pecs - Incline Presses or Not?

zackrock

zackrock

Sep 8, 2010
So, what's your opinion?

Many people think incline presses help build the upper pecs. Others think that it's useless. Still others think that decline presses build the upper pecs.

So what do you think is the best way to build upper pecs?

S

ssmorga

Mar 1, 2011
My 2 cents for upper pecs...... Incline DB Presses (heavy and squeeze the crap out of those pecs at the top), Incline DB Flyes (heavy and DEEP), Low Pulley Cable Crossovers (meet your hand in front of chest and squeeze up to chin level).... great upper pec workout. Throw in some Flat Presse and Pec Dec Flyes...... awesome chest workout! Remember, if you ain't doing at least 20 sets per muscle group...you are wasting your time. Missing out on some great gains!! Eat Big and Train Bigger!

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Incline definitely work... but you need to add fly's like Ketchup said...

and if anyone tells you DECLINE works upper pecs... slap them in the face for being stupid...

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
depends on who u ask.... if u ask dorian yates he will tell u that declines are the most effective muscle building workout for ur chest.... u ask someone eles they will disagree... who is right who is wrong... the guy is a 6x olympia.... never the less u gotta do what works for u... yes incline is effective it makes it so ur chest doesn't sage but it is up nice n tight under ur chin.... kinda how we like our womens pec.... bottom line is u gotta really figure out what works for u... only way is trial and error.... some people would also argue that the chest no matter what u do is working all 3 parts so it really doesnt matter... there are alot of different theories and explanations for these things...

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
What really works for me (upper pecs are a weak spot) is incline smith machine presses followed by flat bench presses but I lower the bar to my upper pec/neck region. After that i do flat bench flies, followed by incline machine presses and then i finish off with incline flyes and dips. I know, it sounds like it is too much but that's what works for me.

I never do decline presses because i don't feel my chest working.

Last edited:
Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
not only that ur hitting ur decline with dips

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
I dont really do inclines much (Although i should), my upper pecs are devloped i need to start hitting declines and dips alot more.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
try doing flat bench but with a reverse grip. Lower slowly then push up in an arch towards the rack... Sounds counter-intuitive I know but just try it. Mix it in with incline presses and the flyes really develop the area around the clavicle.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
ole fashioned barbell presses did wonders for me.

my typical chest work out
------------------------------
flat bench barbell press
incline bench barbell press
dips till failure (3-4 sets)

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
low angle. 20-30 degrees. dumbell or barbell. i dont buy the fly idea because they dont really build mass and are more of a precontest move.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic