Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Unlike Ted...I had to bag Mexico for this year...

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
My kid usually stays with grandmom for a week while we go to Playa. Since we now have to test in and out of US Airports; I just can't roll the dice this year. So I scrambled and booked cabin for a week in Pisgah/Dupont area of North Cackalaky for some Mountain Biking, Hiking and drinking. Any of you homos ever been to Asheville/Brevard area?

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
151060754_471537820535705_8537029593667255770_n-9559301851.jpg

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
My kid usually stays with grandmom for a week while we go to Playa. Since we now have to test in and out of US Airports; I just can't roll the dice this year. So I scrambled and booked cabin for a week in Pisgah/Dupont area of North Cackalaky for some Mountain Biking, Hiking and drinking. Any of you homos ever been to Asheville/Brevard area?
No but that sounds like an amazing vacation! What are you riding?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Just beginning to build my "quiver". I have my Rockhopper Pro (Specialized) tricked out pretty well but its a hardtail. . Since it's a Downhill paradise in Pisgah I'm taking my HAL Boost Eagle (Motobecane) for the full suspension. Wifey has a Trek Cali SL also a hardtail. If you ride MTB you know how quick the $$$ can add up lol

I'm gonna ride Dupont and a few trails in South Carolina with the hardtails. We booked a guided trail day for the 1st day at Pisgah ($200 full day for 2 riders). Due to the sheer size and amount of trail system and spotty GPS in some of the areas. I'm gonna rent my wife a "full sus" for the day as the guides said they'd recommend it (and have Yeti SB100s to rent for $60 per day). Again $$$ flying out of pockets :)

Depending on how confident my wife is after 4days shredding, I plan on ending the week at Kanuga Bike Park for some mechanically groomed pure Downhill.

Not quite relaxing on the beach in Mexico but its like a wet dream for me. I'm actually shocked my wife went for it.

Last edited:
Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Just biked to Mexico at that rate, lol

Enjoy! Send us a snow globe.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Just beginning to build my "quiver". I have my Rockhopper Pro (Specialized) tricked out pretty well but its a hardtail. . Since it's a Downhill paradise in Pisgah I'm taking my HAL Boost Eagle (Motobecane) for the full suspension. Wifey has a Trek Cali SL also a hardtail. If you ride MTB you know how quick the $$$ can add up lol

I'm gonna ride Dupont and a few trails in South Carolina with the hardtails. We booked a guided trail day for the 1st day at Pisgah ($200 full day for 2 riders). Due to the sheer size and amount of trail system and spotty GPS in some of the areas. I'm gonna rent my wife a "full sus" for the day as the guides said they'd recommend it (and have Yeti SB100s to rent for $60 per day). Again $$$ flying out of pockets :)

Depending on how confident my wife is after 4days shredding, I plan on ending the week at Kanuga Bike Park for some mechanically groomed pure Downhill.

Not quite relaxing on the beach in Mexico but its like a wet dream for me. I'm actually shocked my wife went for it.

We love mtn biking my shoulder has not felt any issues thus far, sounds like a great trip man.
hold onto the $$$$ it is just as much fun on something with 2 wheels and handlebars without the jet pack;)

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I've got a Giant but a couple of my buddies built their own bikes yrs back and it was a labor of love/investment to them. Yes its expensive but so is building a car, depends on your interests. You and the wife are going to need a few days to recover from that experience.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Asheville, home of micro breweries and gastro-pubs. Incredible time I had there a few years back, so I’m told.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Just beginning to build my "quiver." I have my Rockhopper Pro (Specialized) tricked out pretty well but it's a hardtail . Since it's a Downhill paradise in Pisgah I'm taking my HAL Boost Eagle (Motobecane) for the full suspension. Wifey has a Trek Cali SL also a hardtail. If you ride MTB you know how quick the $$$ can add up lol

For those of us who know nothing about mountain biking but who DO have dirty minds, this thread could be easily misunderstood :p

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I haven't been to that city/area before. Looks very beautiful. The estate looks super cool too. Have a great time and take lots of pictures.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
You should try the ski slopes in the white mountains for the summer trails. Bikers take the lifts to the too and trek it back down on 2 wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic