Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

United Strongmen Announces New Prize Money Policy

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Saying it will no longer pay travel expenses for some athletes, United Strongmen’s new policy will be to raise the level of prize money: “In both Women´s and 105kg World Championships the prize money is raised to US$1000 to the top six,” Jyrki Rantanen told IronMind.

Rantanen said this will “offer more athletes the opportunity to join the party [and] talking about equality, I think this might the first time in history, when men and women are getting the same prizes in strongman/woman contest.” Other than anyone “who is banned for doping,” the top five from the following contests are welcomed to these world championships:

USA: ASC America´s Strongest Woman & America´s Strongest Man under 105kg
Finland: Finland´s Strongest Man under 105kg & Finland´s Strongest Woman
Britain´s Strongest Man under 105kg
Norway: KST Strongwoman qualification contest & Norway´s Strongest Man under 105kg
Sweden: Sverige´s Stargaste Kvinna
Austalia: Dolphin Precinct Australian National StrongMan and StrongWoman Amateur Cup

And if your country is not on this list, check on United Strongmen for additional details and other options.

“Talking about prizes…during the same happening we have also Strongman Fitness® European Championships, along with Ironmind Grip Classic, which will have loads of prizes from Starnutrition (Fitnesstukku/Gymgrossisten brand),” said Rantanen.

by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Very interesting. I'm reading this as five women qualify from America's strongest woman. Too bad it's three weeks after such a big comp. ill set my goals on the Arnold and la fit expo

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic