Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Unforeseen consequences

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Along with a calorie deficit diet, I'm pushing my cardio. A few years back, I got in damn good shape with road running but that came at a cost. This year I am doing a 30 min walk in the morning and 30 min on a recumbent bike at night. You can't get "Less impact" then what I'm doing.

Last week I started with some tendonitis in my left achilles tendon, right where the gastrocnemius fuses into the tendon. What the hell, anyone that knows me knows God didn't give me a calf muscle so how do I have a tendon? lol

I have for a few years worked my calves 3x/wk and never had an issue. This cut will be over in about 10 weeks so I hope with some flossing and naproxen, I can keep it at bay. anyone have any suggestions short of, "Don't do cardio"?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Are you stretching too much/too little before your AM walk?

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Are you stretching too much/too little before your AM walk?
I do stretch before my a.m. walk but not my calves. No harm in adding in a light calf stretch before my walk. Good idea!

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Apparently Ive had one leg slightly shorter than the other than did alot of damage to my back due to constantly being out of line and wear and tear on my achilles. When I had my hips replaced it made the leg situation worse so now I can't walk more than even 1/4 of a mile before my calf gets tight as hell and I have to stop. You have to do other cardio than walk or run. I use a machine, Ark, which is simular to a stepper but not as drastic. More like cross country skiing and I love it. Very little stress on my joints and a really good workout.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Apparently Ive had one leg slightly shorter than the other than did alot of damage to my back due to constantly being out of line and wear and tear on my achilles. When I had my hips replaced it made the leg situation worse so now I can't walk more than even 1/4 of a mile before my calf gets tight as hell and I have to stop. You have to do other cardio than walk or run. I use a machine, Ark, which is simular to a stepper but not as drastic. More like cross country skiing and I love it. Very little stress on my joints and a really good workout.

Got pic, brah?...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Gottcha!....Will google....Sounds like it would help me out too!!!...

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
Have you tried some foam rolling? Most people do this incorrectly. Roll until you feel a knot and then just stay there with pessure on the knot for 30 seconds. Rinse and repeat for any other knots you find in your calves.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
To help with calf stretching I made a little plywood wedge i stand on (using a wall as support). Just an idea.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
We have an elliptical and I have started that. I hope the change does me good.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Have you tried some foam rolling? Most people do this incorrectly. Roll until you feel a knot and then just stay there with pessure on the knot for 30 seconds. Rinse and repeat for any other knots you find in your calves.
I have but I just can't seem to get enough pressure on the spot. It's different than doing an IT band. Rolling my IT can bring tears to your eyes.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic