pbtom
What's New?

Understanding just how depleted you might be going in your show week

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
PP,
You say you are pre experimenting with I assume depleting and carb loading.
Share with us your finding so far. Tell us just how lean you are now. That plays a big role
In being able to see the effects on the body.
We are here to help where we can.
Gc

QUOTE=pumpingiron22;382786]Thanks for passing knowledge down. I will be down this road very soon. I have been pre experimenting to see what works for me.[/QUOTE]

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Hello Bull,
I wanted to check back with you to see how your show went?
Please let me know here or in pm if you like.
Post some pics if you have them.

Get that water back up and go easy on the pizza.
Gc

GC you are just phenomenal and our board is very blessed to have someone of your knowledge and experience.
I've never done a show before but I think I shared with you I have a great coach running my program.
The thing is he tells me what to do "now". I have no clue what is to come and that is a little scary. So your post really helps me.

I really appreciate your wisdom and your willingness to share with us.

Thanks brother

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
GC you are just phenomenal and our board is very blessed to have someone of your knowledge and experience.
I've never done a show before but I think I shared with you I have a great coach running my program.
The thing is he tells me what to do "now". I have no clue what is to come and that is a little scary. So your post really helps me.

I really appreciate your wisdom and your willingness to share with us.

Thanks brother

It's great to have a coach - one thing I urge all my clients that I coach is to keep a journal while you are still learning . Like in GC article it discusses how he was better post show then the " typical " 3 days loading . Everyone is slightly different in responses to everything . A journal helps you figure out you . Something a coach can't do . Always remember you are your greatest teacher and seek to listen to what your body says. A journal is one mode in finding your own path .

T

TheNeed

Jan 12, 2014
Gotclen - great post. I have a question for you. I hear of this happening to people all the time where they sort of drop weight fast while carbing up. With this 200-600g a carbs a day are you also eating the required amounts of protein and some friendly fats or is your diet mainly carbs?

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
In my case and trust me I'm not a huge eater. So, on these 3 or so days I have to drop other macros. Just as you suspect. I lower my protein. Maybe in half? As for the fats they are really only coming from my daily foods. So, lets say I have been eating on an average of 2000 to 2500 calories a day(approx) through out the prep. Out of those calories Im only eating around 125 to 150 carbs so 600 calories from carbs a day. The rest is protein and yes some fats. Plus there is a % of some reward treats in there along the way.

I really hit the asparagus hard to along with water at 3 plus gallon. All that water all those carbs. Like you say the scale really didn't move. I just keep looking fuller.

Gotclen - great post. I have a question for you. I hear of this happening to people all the time where they sort of drop weight fast while carbing up. With this 200-600g a carbs a day are you also eating the required amounts of protein and some friendly fats or is your diet mainly carbs?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Unless you are extremely lean naturally it's gonna be hard on your body to hold that level of conditioning for that long. 6mos is a very long time. I'd be analyzing your weak points and then spending another 2mos in a calorie surplus bringing up any lags.

P

pumpingiron22

Mar 2, 2014
my body like at 200 to 210

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
my body like at 200 to 210

So, you were 6 months out at 3.8% BF?. I have to say that is almost unheard of.
Then you say your coach passed you off to another guy better with BB? seems to me
the first guy had you in tip top shape. Why not go do some shows and get some stage
experience? Then you can eat up a bit between the shows. Like Mike Rn said you will be so
burn out by the show you will end up not even going.
Post a pic of this shredded body.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic