Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Under the Knife on Friday......

goof321

goof321

Nov 18, 2011
Thank you all for the kind words, on top of being super sore from the massive incision it’s mostly having the stint in that’s causing most of the pain. I have a pretty good looking nurse that comes to the house daily to take the old one out and new one in.
Talking with the nephrologist (friend of the family due to my father and several other family members with the same issues)
He recommended, for now, Meyers Cocktail infusions 1x per week. He doesn’t want me taking anything other than cranberry extract (seeing as I HATE cranberry juice)
Just need to take it day by day.
Having some issues with the narcotic pain meds and the constipation it causes. I’m taking about 15g of polyethylene glycol 3350 between 3 and 5x per day. Don’t want to risk straining and having something tare (not the prettiest conversation )
Any how, thank you all very much for the support. The hard part is over, just have a long road of recovery ahead of me.

Regards,

Goof

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Thank you all for the kind words, on top of being super sore from the massive incision it’s mostly having the stint in that’s causing most of the pain. I have a pretty good looking nurse that comes to the house daily to take the old one out and new one in.
Talking with the nephrologist (friend of the family due to my father and several other family members with the same issues)
He recommended, for now, Meyers Cocktail infusions 1x per week. He doesn’t want me taking anything other than cranberry extract (seeing as I HATE cranberry juice)
Just need to take it day by day.
Having some issues with the narcotic pain meds and the constipation it causes. I’m taking about 15g of polyethylene glycol 3350 between 3 and 5x per day. Don’t want to risk straining and having something tare (not the prettiest conversation )
Any how, thank you all very much for the support. The hard part is over, just have a long road of recovery ahead of me.

Regards,

Goof

Glad to hear it was a succes, Goof!...I've had quite a bit of pain in my life, but when I research kidney stones (and talk to people who have had them), I think i will pass on that experience! ...

In regards to the constipation, are you able to take stool softners?...Can you drink plenty of water?...What about soup?...It usally moves through fairly smoothly. ..

Anyway my iron bro, I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you can Get back on schedule!...

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
You made it... good luck man, hope your recovery will be fast...

goof321

goof321

Nov 18, 2011
The Miralax is doing WONDERS to keep things moving, Along with RaisenBran in one of those mini food processors to almost powderize it and mix with with almost milk in a shaker bottle and an added scoop of Metamucil.
Docs want to give me all these stimulant based laxatives right after my entire side was sliced open..........Im all set with that route, My little concoction (no pun intended) is working well so I might as well stick to it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic