Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Umbilical and Inguinal Hernias

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
If you don't lift. Why are you on the iron den forum.
That's a bit harsh don't you think buddy? If he's on here that's his business as long as he's not a troll or a spammer, he's always welcome.

I used to lift and plan to again but various things in my life (way more serious than some training regimen ) had to take priority. That ok with you? What about all the new guys wanting to start training looking for the best forum for info and advice? Dear me man, take you're head out of your ass.

Oh and Happy New Year :)

Well one thing is for sure, he doesn't speak for the majority of us on here. We're glad to have you if you are interested in lifting, even if you aren't doing it right now. As long as you aren't a negative influence on the site, you will always be welcome here, that's just how TID is.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I think asking why is reasonable not intended to be negative. I am genuinely and sincerely interested . For example I hate baseball so if I went to a game it would be interesting as to why ? That's the way I see it, unless I'm missing a sarcastic undertone . Of course he's welcome but I'm definately interested

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
Same as Woody here......recovery is fast. I started walking on the treadmill the day after surgery. LIfted 5 pound DB's (supported) the second week to keep the blood flowing....increased very slowly. By 8 weeks I was doing pretty well (almost 100%). It's been 8 years and still going strong. Get it fixed!!

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
I used to lift and plan to again but various things in my life (way more serious than some training regimen ) had to take priority. That ok with you? What about all the new guys wanting to start training looking for the best forum for info and advice? Dear me man, take you're head out of your ass.

Oh and Happy New Year :)

I wasn't trying to be a dick at all. I have lots of intrests and very little time. This is the only board I visit regularly. I don't watch ladies golf so I wouldn't join a WPGA forum. I just thought it was weird that someone who doesn't lift weights would take the time to register, log on, and read/comment on posts. It was an honst question sorry if my question came off as cold.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
That's a bit harsh don't you think buddy? If he's on here that's his business as long as he's not a troll or a spammer, he's always welcome.

Well one thing is for sure, he doesn't speak for the majority of us on here. We're glad to have you if you are interested in lifting, even if you aren't doing it right now. As long as you aren't a negative influence on the site, you will always be welcome here, that's just how TID is.

Woodwise I respect you and I think you give a lot of great info on here. If you go back and read our exchange I just asked a question. Meg is the one who got angry and aggressive.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
Poor activation/strength of the transversus abdominus is linked to hernias. This muscle acts as a barrier, and prevents the intestines to penetrate.
Do what you need to do to get the hernia fixed, but after that, make sure that you get your breathing and core activation going.

transversus_abdominis.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
S

smash

Apr 30, 2013
I haven't been here at the Den for a while. I thought I would come back and share my experience since I started this thread. I saw a doctor and got on a public waiting list for surgery. I was told it could be up to a year before there was a place available for me. I continued to lift for a few weeks until I got a call late on a Tuesday afternoon. There was a sudden cancellation. Can you come Thursday morning 6.30am. I put my life and work on hold and went and got it done. It's not that bad not especially painful or uncomfortable. But I was going through a lot of personal difficulties at the time and was living in accommodation with no lease. I was given 1 week to leave so I had to find a place to live and move my stuff straight after surgery. It got infected. Onto antibiotics and a frustrating rest period. I run pharma hgh year round and I think that may have helped healing as I was back in the gym training light after 5 weeks. I progressively trained harder and harder and now another 5 weeks on I have recovered all my strength and muscle mass.

D

db123

Feb 1, 2015
Powerlifter-Been 2 years since mine repaired( late 40s age) only issue is pain once in a while with body weight increase and heavy lifting(i fluctuate 50lbs across weight classes)Always feel hard spot patch area belive scaring repair mesh patch may streatch and rebuild as belly changes with weight. when squating heavy(for me) always wear belt even with it a little loose to push against just as a safety. Everybody tells me its a relieve valve for your body so now that ones fixed another one somewhwere else will pop if not your not pushing yourself lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic