Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Ugh banks

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
While the Fed can print money, you can't print BTC. There's only 21 million of them. In that respect it's a known amount of scarcity, while gold and other commodities, while scarce technically, have an unknown ammount of scarcity.
Everything you stated is spot on correct. The one caveat is, everything you mentioned other than Bitcoin can be controlled. They all have false scarcity based on how much gold or diamonds are mined how much money is printed etc. BTC however cannot be regulated so for that reason alone the government's want nothing to do with it. They hire Powers have to be able to control the masses and Bitcoin will not allow that.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Probably not, but would induce them to slow (lower) the increase.
Agreed, I can’t see them lowering interest rates this year.

@Ms.Wetback stated exactly what I feel will happen as well. I’m very curious to see if there will be a rate hike next week.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
BTC however cannot be regulated so for that reason alone the government's want nothing to do with it. They hire Powers have to be able to control the masses and Bitcoin will not allow that.
The US gov't can regulate BTC by making it illegal to conduct transactions with it. (a exaggerated example) The SEC already does attempt to loosely regulate it, and fiascos like the FTX debacle adds fuel to the regulatory fire.

I do agree that no gov't can eliminate it, but U.S., as well as most other governments, need to be able to manipulate their currencies for various political reasons. (Not a good thing, but gov'ts need this control knob). For example, the U.S. debt will eventually be too much a percentage of GDP, and the gov't will want to have the ability to devalue the currency in a controlled fashion (I know, hubris), to pay back the bond holders with cheaper dollars. That way the gov't can say that everyone got paid, while still stiffing the bondholders.

So there biggest hurdle I see for BTC is that none of the central banks want them to work. BTC is a direct threat to their monetary control.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
So there biggest hurdle I see for BTC is that none of the central banks want them to work. BTC is a direct threat to their monetary cocontrol.
Exactly, and that's why CBDC will come about shortly.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Yeah, I immediately disregard anything I hear coming out of that clowns mouth.
She is a dope and she parrots shit all the time. CBDC are coming across the world if we let it. I think Biden made a move yesterday that eases the move towards by guaranteeing all deposits.

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
You got Kathy and Elon comparing shit to 1929 on tweeter, and Michael Burry just bought some lotion and tissues.

Reactions: ceo
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic