Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

UFC on ESPN: Vera vs. Sandhagen

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
BantamweightCory Sandhagendef.Marlon VeraDecision (split) (47–48, 50–45, 49–46)55:00
Women's BantamweightHolly Holmdef.Yana SantosDecision (unanimous) (30–26, 30–27, 30–27)35:00
FeatherweightNate Landwehrdef.Austin LingoSubmission (rear-naked choke)24:11
Women's FlyweightMaycee Barberdef.Andrea LeeDecision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 30–27)35:00
MiddleweightAlbert Duraevdef.Chidi NjokuaniDecision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
FeatherweightDaniel Pinedadef.Tucker LutzSubmission (guillotine choke)22:50
  • Fight of the Night: C.J. Vergara vs. Daniel da Silva
  • Performance of the Night: Nate Landwehr and Daniel Pineda
Yeah Cory won 3 or may be 4 to Chito's 1 or maybe 2. I was struggling to stay awake watching it so my attention was not the best.

Holly looked good, her cardio and top strength was impressive. Her TDs are still not great, vs a real wrestler she will still struggle but still improving.

Nate the Train vs Lingo. What a battle! Nate has the best post fight interviews and is always fun to watch. Lingo has a GREAT jab cross, I was impressed with it for a lower level guy.

I thought Lee did enough to win this one what the hell was the judge that gave a 30-27 smoking? I bet it was Chris Lee, he is a terrible judge.

Missed the first two on the card.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea, social media was going crazy about the Lee/Barber decision as well. I missed that fight, unfortunately. I barely caught the very end of the Lingo/Landwehr fight when he was sinking the submission. Then got to see the last 2 fights only.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Unfortunately bad judging has become the norm from both the old school boxing judges and the new one Like Chris Lee.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Ok, stoked for this one. My son brought his girl and her friends over. All mid 20s and attractive, very distracting. But they are dumb, "why is that girl on top of the other?"
I try my best to not watch fights with people who have no clue what’s going on, attractive women are the exception, lol.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
For the life of me, how did the one judge have it 48-47 for Chito? WTF?

I may have given 1 round (3rd) to Chito...2 at most, and that is pushing it. Sandhagen dominated despite neither guy being hurt. The judges are pathetic when they score like that.

Chito only got aggressive the last 20 seconds of the fight. If he did that the whole time, or every other round instead of bombing 2-3 rounds, he'd win every one of his fights. Sandhagen did well on the feet and ground though....good kicks, upper cuts, combos, foot movement and forward progression. A nice mix of aggression and safety.

Fun fight to watch though. Chito took ownership of the loss. He is always good in his post-fight interviews.
Unbelievable how bad judging is, there needs to be some kind of judges committee that can get these horrible (most likely corrupt) judges banned from ever scoring a fight again. I understand some are borderline either way but some calls are horrendous

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Chito never got started, too bad. Sandhagen looked great and did pretty much whatever he wanted. Holm learned how to rassle, which is good because her chin in suspect. Didnt see barber/ Lee fight, have heard the comments regarding a poor decision.

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
holly looked awesome, other chick looked slooowwww, and inacurate

sandhagen reminded me of dominic cruz

wonder if chito got bit by weigh cut....he looked a tad off....he was gaming yet lacked a tad of ooomph

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Chito looked bad because Sandhagen made him look bad. Fighting an elusive person with reach and disrupting front kicks is tough. Not say if Chito fought a guy like Bryan Barberena (I know not a 145r) Chito would look good. Sorry could not think of a 145r that will trade like Bryan whom I really like.

Sandhagen uses disrupting tactics and feints. The flying knee he threw several times made Chito hesitate before coming in hard. The jab kicks even though most did zero damage put Chito on his back foot and he was too far away to counter. that is the prob with a counter fighter like Chito. He needs you to come in and stay in for a second or two to do his work. He was almost always out of his preferred range.

That is my take on it. Chito needs a guy that pressures with punches and makes it a dogfight.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic