VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Women's StrawweightMackenzie Dernvs.Angela Hill
MiddleweightEdmen Shahbazyanvs.Anthony Hernandez
Catchweight (120 lb)Emily Ducotevs.Lupita Godinez
WelterweightAndré Fialhovs.Joaquin Buckley
LightweightHayisaer Maheshatevs.Viacheslav Borschev
LightweightCarlos Diego Ferreiravs.Michael Johnson

Only fights that get me going are Ferreira vs Johnson, Fialho vs Buckley and Dern vs Hill.

Lots of changes to this one. Lets see if it stays like this.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I'm looking at this card and have almost no interest, outside of Dern's ass, to even watch it. I looked up most of their records, and it seems like most of the fighters have subpar records. Oh well.....will watch if i'm not doing anything else I guess:eek:

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I'm looking at this card and have almost no interest, outside of Dern's ass, to even watch it. I looked up most of their records, and it seems like most of the fighters have subpar records. Oh well.....will watch if i'm not doing anything else I guess:eek:
That is me bro, so many times there are really good fights on these cards. That is what I am hoping for.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Women's StrawweightMackenzie Derndef.Angela HillDecision (unanimous) (49–43, 49–44, 49–44)55:00
MiddleweightAnthony Hernandezdef.Edmen ShahbazyanTKO (elbows and punches)31:01
Catchweight (120 lb)Lupita Godinezdef.Emily DucoteDecision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
WelterweightJoaquin Buckleydef.André FialhoTKO (head kick)24:15
LightweightCarlos Diego Ferreiradef.Michael JohnsonKO (punch)21:50
  • Fight of the Night: Mackenzie Dern vs. Angela Hill
  • Performance of the Night: Carlos Diego Ferreira and Viacheslav Borschev
Dern came into this fight with a chip on her shoulder. She attacked with strikes and had no respect for Hill's power. I think Hill won round two but the rest was all Dern. Her cardio is OFF THE CHARTS! Angela Hill is one of my favs. She may not have a great record but always comes to fight and her heart is amazing. Dern is hot. Just gonna say it. Best butt in MMA.

Hernandez got tuned up in the 1st then took control when he implemented grapping. He is a pleasure to watch on the ground. No lay and pray with this guy. I think he should have won a bonus. To come back from such a beating in the first to dominate and get a TKO was amazing.

Did not watch Lupita vs Emily

Buckley at 170 looks great. Should help his cardio. He put Fialho into a diff dimension with that shin to chin.

Ferreira vs Johnson was a technical fight until CRACK. Put MJ out like a light.

Oh yeah, I looked at the score cards. They were pretty damn close. I would say not 1 bad decision. Hell I did not see a bad call on a round.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah, I gave Hill round two as well, but also gave Dern a couple 10-8 rounds. Dominant fight.

Great fights all around.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
FIRST OFF...........DERN IS GOING THROUGH A DIVORCE!!! :p

Yea, 100% agree with all of the above. I gave round 2 to Hill, as she controlled the fight and clench, but the rest of the fight was all Dern for sure. I came away with 2 thoughts, maybe 3:

1) Angela Hill got her ass kicked, but she has to be one of my favorites as well with her toughness. Those few rounds on the ground where she totally survived the armbars that Dern tried to put on her were all heart and strength. Dern is a MONSTER on the ground, and she survived it all and actually did rather well at some points. She got clocked with a huge knee at the beginning of round 4 and lost it convincingly, but she survived it with toughness, which is what impressed me. Most "chicks" would have gave up and curled up for a ref to stop the fight. Major respect.

2) Dern's cardio is off the chain. She is very well balanced to be able to put that much power and force behind her stand-up, as well as some kicks, and still be strong at the end of a 5 round war. If she can keep this up, she will be knocking on the door for a belt soon. I think she just needs to work on her clench some more, and not over-commit on some of the ground work and take-downs. I love watching her fight when she is active and on the aggressive side.

3) Dern's ASS. That's it, lol:D

The Hernandez vs Shabayzian fight was good.

I logged on when the Lupita/Emily fight started and had to walk away it was so damn boring. Total snoozefest for me.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
True GF, there were a couple 10-8 rounds on the scorecards.

Good points BMJ, She is still new to MMA relatively speaking. She has improved so much already.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic