FeatherweightDaniel Arguetavs.Isaac Dulgarian
FlyweightJimmy Flickvs.Charles Johnson
Women's FlyweightPriscila Cachoeiravs.Sijara Eubanks

Last edited:
genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Worth watching. I will probably flip back and forth between this and boxing.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Gastelum is out and Sean Strickland is in. Gastelum had a tooth knocked out right before the fight. He could not continue.

Would have preferred Gastelum, he is a tank.

this card is OK at best. Will watch but nothing gets me exited for the UFC to be back. You would have thought they would have brought out some bangers on a free show to start 23.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Card doesn’t impress me but so many times these end up being the best fights, I usually watch them all… if not the night of, my youngest daughter will watch some of them on Sunday mornings with me.

totally agree Jipped…. Seems like a very weak card for the beginning of the year

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea, it's a weak card for sure. I'm interested in the main event....and yes, Sean Strickland is in for Gastelum now. ****I'll go edit that in****

Last edited:
jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I mean I am no business man or such but one would think, new year, let's put on a banger of a show!

I bet Dana wishes it was a banger card so people would stop talking about him and his wife's slap fight. If you watch the news, it is ALL "Dana White, CEO of the violent UFC slaps wife, no surprise" None of them say his wife slapped him first. That is not justification for such action. I mean feminists should praise him. They want equality...sorry they want equity. There is a diff. Women wanna be treated the same in SOME ways. A man slaps me...well they gettin slapped back or maybe fists if the case is warranted. Again, I have never hit a girl. I have slapped many gals...on the ass while gettin it on.

Also MMA news. Phil Baroni allegedly beat his GF to death

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
This card was decent, nothing to write home about, but it was okay.

Strickland has such a unique standup game. It's like he keeps the fight in a close boxing stance the whole time and doesn't allow the opponent to have a little distance, so they are forced to box with him. He is excellent in deflecting punches. I have to give him credit to take this fight on a few days notice and make it through 5 rounds. He totally made Imavov fight his style of fighting.

Ige won via TKO/KO. I missed it, but it was a quick fight. I was dishing me some ice cream and missed it, LOL!

Kopylov won via body shots/kicks, possibly liver shots, but i'm not sure.

Was so glad to see Pennington beat Vieira. Vieira got a gift in her last fight with Holly Holm. It was one of the worse decisions i've seen. I think it was a turn off for me that she actually thought she won. I am not a fan of the Brazilian over-drama....unless it involves some chick with a nice big firm fat ass in front of me, hahaha. Pennington is in a tough spot though; she can beat the top girls but not the elite of the division. It will be interesting to see if she gets another title shot. Nunes totally dominated her in their first fight. She may be better equipped to fight against other women, imo. I don't see her beating Nunes...but who knows.

Umar Nurmagomedov won via quick 1st round KO...his first ever.

I didn't watch any of the under card...just no interest.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic