Kiddorism
What's New?

UFC 285 -- Jon Jones vs. Ciryl Gane 03/04

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Rahkmonov is way taller than Geoff Neal. I was gonna say Neal favorite on the feet, but if he can't adjust to the height and reach of Rakmonov, it might be a long/short night for him.

Same thing with Jalin Turner and Gamrot. Actually, this is a way bigger height advantage for Jalin than it is for Neal/Rahkmonov. Jalin can pose such a huge threat to anybody in this division if he is able to utilize his advantages. If I were him, i'd just copy how Jones fights in standup, and then continue to work on his ground game. Gamrot looks like a shrimp next to him, LOL! Gamrot is a badass though.

Man, i'm pumped for tonight!!!:cool:

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022

• Fight of the Night: Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Geoff Neal
  • Performance of the Night: Jon Jones, Alexa Grasso, and Bo Nickal

And Jon Jones is the champ! Gane is an adept striker but on the ground he is a fish out of water. Easy sub for jones.

Grasso was having great sucess on the feet against Shevchenko. Very close fight with Shevchenko's TDs. Grasso capitalized of a really poorly times spinning back kick and got the W. Good for her.

Shavkat is a beast, He took all but a couple of Neal's punches without effect. Most people would have gone down with some of those strikes on both sides. Both guys went for it. Fight of the night.

Gamrot vs Turner was interesting and close. What is up with the judging? 30-27 for Gamrot? NOPE!

Bo Nickal will be one of those guys like Ben Askren. take em down with far superior wrestling and go for subs.

Cody looked good. I wrote him off as a guy who lost his chin. Trevin is no joke.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I am still not sure how Bo's wrestling skills will transfer to the UFC. So far, he has done well, but look at the competition. Bo is one of the best wrestlers to ever enter the UFC. It is not only his NCAA championships, but his dominance throughout his wrestling career. His wrestling fault, and this is where I think the problem lays with his skills transferring to MMA, he is a defensive minded wrestler. He rarely shot first in wrestling. He usually waited for his opponent to shoot then made them pay for it, dearly. This is why his freestyle accomplishments do not match his folkstyle accomplishments. You are punished for passivity in freestyle and rewarded for offense.

USMCRabi

USMCRabi

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2012
Jones made that look easy. Jones is a beast.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
  • Fight of the Night: Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Geoff Neal
  • Performance of the Night: Jon Jones, Alexa Grasso, and Bo Nickal

And Jon Jones is the champ! Gane is an adept striker but on the ground he is a fish out of water. Easy sub for jones.

Grasso was having great sucess on the feet against Shevchenko. Very close fight with Shevchenko's TDs. Grasso capitalized of a really poorly times spinning back kick and got the W. Good for her.

Shavkat is a beast, He took all but a couple of Neal's punches without effect. Most people would have gone down with some of those strikes on both sides. Both guys went for it. Fight of the night.

Gamrot vs Turner was interesting and close. What is up with the judging? 30-27 for Gamrot? NOPE!

Bo Nickal will be one of those guys like Ben Askren. take em down with far superior wrestling and go for subs.

Cody looked good. I wrote him off as a guy who lost his chin. Trevin is no joke.

Freakin' Gane is a disgrace on the ground (yes, he would beat my ass in 2 seconds, lol). If you are a Jones fan, you are on top of the world with a high....but as a fan, I felt ripped-off. Everybody knew his plan, he even mentioned it out loud to Rogan, but I was not expecting it to go THAT fast. I can't stand Jones, he comes off as such a fake person to me, and he is a scumbag imo after all he has done. However, he is a very good fighter, which I like to watch. That said, I can't takeaway a damn thing about him from this fight! I will be wondering even more in his upcoming fight with Stipe, and how he will perform at that weight, his conditioning, and how he can take punches from larger/stronger opponents. I'm not taking anything away from him for last night's win, good for him. I hope Stipe takes it serious. I mean, with Stipe, he TOO has been out of the ring for years, so he has just as many questions marks going into the fight as Jones does. Stipe has had more fight damage put on him, and he's older. Can he still perform like he did years prior? That is the question. He may be there mentally, but is his body going to still respond? I hope so.

Shevchenko has been off her last 2 fights. A lot of that is her competition as well, of course. When you are at the top and have fought numerous times in the spotlight, against the top of the top fighters, other fighters coming up, who are fresher, are going to study your fight-game more, and search for weaknesses and patterns. In that last round, she looked really off, tired, or hurt, as she was not doing anything in the full-guard position. I didn't like the separation by the ref though! I agree with Rogan, She was still doing 'some' big shots, and enough imo to not warrant a separation/stand-up. Grasso wasn't really doing anything to get back on her feet either, so she made out much more than Valentina. It's becoming more apparent that Valentina's weakness is the ground game to top wrestlers and JJ competitors. She is very good, but not the best. She just has more weapons to choose from and is multi-dimensional. She's let her last 2 opponents kind of dictate how the fight goes. I hope she turns this around. I believe she is better than Grasso, she just made a huge mistake that Grasso was waiting for and took advantage of. Props to Grasso, she did what she needed to win.

Yea, I agree with the Gamrot/Turner fight being much closer than a 30-27! Good fight though.

Shavkat is a beast for sure, I love his style. He showed some openness to getting beat, but Neal is a GREAT boxer, so not many others are going to be at his level for Shavkat to worry about. Freakin' Neal frustrates the effin' hell out of me with his conditioning and coming in heavy! Such a missed opportunity for him. He was much lighter on his feet in his last fight against Luki. I would have loved seeing what he could have done coming in the same shape...hell, even better for that matter, for last night's fight. He was too stationary and Shavkat was able to utilize a great kicking game and combos on Neal as a result. That choke at the end was pretty badass, it took me by surprise as i didn't know it was so deep. Shavkat is going to go far, but if he fights Coby, he better come with a full tank! Despite putting on a good performance, and fight of the night, Neal should be disappointed in himself for not coming in his best shape.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
GF, I hear ya bro. Bo shot in this fight with no prob and got the takedown easy. His skills are so much higher than most other wrestlers in the sport he can do what he wants.

BMJ, Agree with your comments. I think Shevchenko has slowed down a bit. girls develop sooner than boys and their athletic prowess tapers off earlier too IMO. She is still #2 in the world.

I would love to see that fight. Colby is a cardio machine. Let's see it!

Yeah Neal is talented but coming in that heavy? WTF!

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Called that one. Easy win for Jones. Not even trying. Gone for two years, does two lines after eating donuts and EASILY wins the title.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic