VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
WelterweightLeon Edwards (c)vs.Kamaru Usman
LightweightJustin Gaethjevs.Rafael Fiziev
WelterweightGunnar Nelsonvs.Bryan Barberena
Women's FlyweightJennifer Maiavs.Casey O'Neill
MiddleweightMarvin Vettorivs.Roman Dolidze

This is a good card!

Edwards vs Usman, what can I say? Usman was on his way to a dominant win and bang, headkick KO. Won't happen this time. Usman will win.

Here we go boys, this is a dream fight! Gaethje vs Fiziev! Gaethje is a hard nosed striker with good wrestling. He will have to slow down the pace of Fiz or he will get put out of his game. Justin likes countering strikes and leading with calf kicks then once in a while flurries of strikes, almost always ending in a kick. Fiz is a power striker that is very dynamic and will look to pressure Gaethje and keep him backing up. It may play into Gaethje's game with the calf hick which he times so good. I look forward to this true chess match. Both guys are awesome to watch.

Nelson vs Barberena is an interesting fight. Nelson is a sub wizard with improved striking. Barberena has good defense everywhere even though his striking defense is having a concrete block for a head. Nelson will go for TDs and Barberena will look to use his cardio and heart as a weapon.

Maia vs O'Neil is one I really do not know about. I am sure Jenifer needs this and O'Neil is an up and comer.

Vettori vs Dolidze, Vettori HAS to get the fight to the ground and tire out Dolidze. Dolidze is on a tear! 3 KO/TKO and performance of the night bonuses in a row against tough guys! this one will be good.

Not sure if Jojo wood vs Luana Carolina is happening.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea, pretty good card. I agree with everything you wrote, Jipped:)

I see Usman ripping Edwards a part big time. Unless the kick messed with his head and changed his fighting style, like what happened to GSP after Serra KO'd him, but I don't think Usman is that type. If not, Edwards better hope for another Hail Mary, lol.

Gaethje/Fiziev!!! THIS is the fight I want to see. This could be fight of the year possibility. I'm so amp'd up for this fight. I'm a big Fiziev fan, but love watching Gaethje fight as well. If Fiziev wins, he will be looking at a top 2 fight, imo. Unless Gaethje connects with a KO, which can happen, then i'm hoping for 3 rounds of dynamite! So rteady for this fight:)

Yea, Nelson/Barbarena is interesting. Most of the time, Barbarena can be a candidate for fight of the night, he is super fun to watch. However, I c an see Nelson taking him down and holding him there, or submitting him. That's what i'd do if I were Gunnar...he plays the Barbarena standup game, he could be asking for trouble.

I could care less about this chick fight. I hope it is good though if I have to sit and watch it. lol.

Vettori/Dolidze is interesting too. I have never seen Dolidze fight, at least I can't remember watching him, but he has beaten some top guys and appears to be going upward in the ranks. Kind of excited to see this fight.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Dolidze is a monster bro! Vettori is tough and durable but Dolidze hits HARD and is relentless. As long as Vettori does not take him down and lay on him you will be a fan

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I hope Leon destroys Marty Usman.

S

ScottyP

VIP Member
Oct 23, 2018
Going to be a good card for sure! I am hyped!

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
You guys watch the slap fights? lol

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
You guys watch the slap fights? lol
I just can't get into it. I'll see a few highlights of it that pop up on my social media pages, but that's about it. Some of the women are super hot though!!!

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I hope Leon destroys Marty Usman.
That would be great but I fear he is doomed. That sneaky kick will not work again.

Slapping is not fighting IMO, a fight is between two combatants using offense and defense together to overcome their opponent. No defense in slap competitions.

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
I just can't get into it. I'll see a few highlights of it that pop up on my social media pages, but that's about it. Some of the women are super hot though!!!

I only watch the highlights for a good laugh.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Guys, this card started early. It's the final fight right now, Usman/Edwards. The final main card has been really good.

There is one judge just fucking off though.

SPOILER BELOW

Two fights right now....

1) Vettori vs. DOlidze was a badass fight. I had Vettori winning, but one ref gave him a 30-27, and there is no way he won round 1.

2) Not sure if it's the same ref, but the Gaethje/Fiziev fight....I had Gaethje winning 29-28, but one ref gave him a 10-8 round....WTF???

Those who seen these 2 fights....THOUGHTS?

Damn, I was wanting Fiziev to win, he had round 1, I gave Gaethje round 2 even though it was close, but round 3 was Gaethje for sure with the jab and uppercut. However, a 10-8 round 3......tha fuck??? Thoughts?

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Freakin Usman's back is all broken out again. He looks much bigger again. The last fight he looked softer.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Wow....think I gave Edwards round 1! Usman seems timid of the high kick. Edwards is kicking the body very well and defended the takedown.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic