UFC 283: Teixeira vs Hill 1-21-2023

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
This will be in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Main Card:
Glover Teixeira vs Jamahal Hill (Light heavyweight title)
Deiveson Figueiredo vs Brandon Moreno (Flyweight title)
Gilber Burns vs Neil Magny
Jessica Andrade vs Lauren Murphy
Paul Craig vs Johnny Walker

Preliminary Card:
Mauricio Rua vs Ihor Potieria
Gregory Rodrigues vs Bruno Ferreira
Thiago Moises vs Melquizael Costa
Mounir Lazzez vs Gabriel Bonfim

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Thoughts?

I think having Teixeira/Hill as the main event fight after the Figueiredo/Moreno fight is a mistake. It will be like going from 120mph to the speed limit.

The Burns/Magny fight is interesting. The rest I could care less about.

Rua's retirement fight...headlining the prelims.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
I will watch this one...the crowd in Rio will be insane.

Yes the 205s get the headline nod due to heavier weight but i think we all know flyweights will steal the show.

Craig vs Walker might be crazy.......2 big buys with stand up and submission skills.

I hope Rua makes it out without taking too many head shots in there.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
I can’t believe Shogun is still fighting, hopefully he goes out with a win…
Good card with great fights potentially and I agree the main event might be dull compared to some of the other fights.
I think Burns vs Magny should be a great fight. A young man I used to train bjj with moved out to Cali for a better shot at making it in mma has trained with Magny quite a bit…. He said the dude is a machine and never gets tired

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Dana White mentioned the following fights to keep an eye on for this card:

Mounir Lazzez (11-2) vs Gabriel Bonfim (13-0)
Shamil Abdurakhimov (20-7) vs Jailton Almeida (17-2)

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
Did you see his Fuck it Friday today....he was eating BBQ potato chips mashed up .....look pretty gross but he liked it.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Jamal Hill by ko, dude can crack

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Did you see his Fuck it Friday today....he was eating BBQ potato chips mashed up .....look pretty gross but he liked it.
Is that the hack where they boil like Pringles chips in water, then mash them up like....well, mashed potatos?

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Results:

Jamahal Hill beat the crap out of Glover for all 5 rounds. That said, Glover has my utmost respect to have finished that fight, with a few moments of his own, and then realize he is too old to be doing this and retires the same night as Shogun. Glover is one of the toughest physically and mentally, I can't believe he was able to keep the fight going, major respect. He got kicked to the head I don't know how many times...totally 1-sided fight, but worth watching to see this guy's sheer heart and drive.

Moreno won via TKOP/Doctor's stoppage in the 3rd round, over Figueiredo. Moreno has Figueiredo's number, but it could also be that Figueiredo cuts so much to make fight...not sure. Fig looked slow out there. Moreno threw a left hook (IIRC) and his thumb hit Fig in the eye, despite it being a legal punch. After the round finished, the Doc stopped the fight because Fig couldn't see out of it. Kind of a letdown/disappointment...fight cut short. Moreno was up more than likely 3-0, but I think 1 judge actually gave round 2 to Fig....not sure what he was thinking.

Burns submitted Magny in the 1st round via arm-triangle. This was all burns....took him down and took his time form the submission.

Andrade won via complete and utter domination. It was so 1-sided, I think she almost won every round by 10-8. Everybody was calling for the fight to be stopped after the 3rd round....it was so hard to watch. I'm not sure how old Murphy is, I believe she is older/late 30's? If so, she may want to think about retirement. She totally got her ass beat the whole fight....it was even more 1-sided than the Hill/Teixeira fight.

Johnny Walker won quick in the first via TKO/punches. There wasn't much to see in this fight. Walker had clear advantage on the feet, and he cracked Paul Craig. Then hammer side-fists to the head while standing, lol.

****************************\

Potieria TKO'd Shogun in the first round. Shogun announced his retirement for good. Sad ending, but I am fine with it. He was not very dominant the last many years. He's only an image of what he used to be. Guy will be HOF quickly.

It didn't dawn on me that RoboCop was fighting (Gregory Rodrigues). Bruno Silva KO'd his ass in the first round. Not what I would have expected, but it happens. He was on a run to the top before this fight too.

Gregory Bonfim submitted Mounir Lazzez. His brother also won his fight.

Jailton Almeida won via TKO over Shamil Abdurakhimov.

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
Reminds me of when Holmes beat up Ali at the tail end.
Would be better if they could fight prime vs prime.

I feel like that these days in the gym.
old man Arthritis

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic