Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400

ufc 192 johnny hendricks out

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Rushed to the hospital with an intestinal blockage and severe kidney stones. Dana white made a statement that he now considers big rig a middle weight. Guy is way to small for that division. Guess he should have hired a nutritionist as, he was 20 to 25 lbs over on tuesday.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Dropping that much weight that fast has got to be tough on your body. I know he wrestled for years and years so he knows how his body works, but it looks like he can't put his body through the ringer like he used to.... I agree that he needs to learn more about nutrition. With a cleaner diet, and the amount of calories these guys burn in training, none of them should be hovering 30 pounds over their fighting weight in the off-season. instead they should be within 15, and then they can slowly cut about half of that in camp over the 6-10 weeks, and then drop the last 6-8 pounds as water the last day or two.

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
I hate that whiny mother ****er!

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Dropping that much weight that fast has got to be tough on your body. I know he wrestled for years and years so he knows how his body works, but it looks like he can't put his body through the ringer like he used to.... I agree that he needs to learn more about nutrition. With a cleaner diet, and the amount of calories these guys burn in training, none of them should be hovering 30 pounds over their fighting weight in the off-season. instead they should be within 15, and then they can slowly cut about half of that in camp over the 6-10 weeks, and then drop the last 6-8 pounds as water the last day or two.

He was working with mike dolce and still had trouble making weight. Now, whether or not dolce is a qualified nutritionists is another thread.

Last edited:
Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
dolce doesnt know anything more then any of us do.The whole weight cutting thing is stupid.Frankie never cut weight and he was a champion

BigGameHunter

BigGameHunter

VIP Member
Jun 26, 2012
Hendricks knows how to cut weight from his days of wrestling for a NCAA powerhouse. He became a fighter and introduced to some of boxing elite's methods of cutting (IV re hydration) and got greedy and lazy. 2 problems with that besides being lazy.

1. Boxers dont have to wrestle and dont exert as much in a fight as grappling oriented sports so its very dangerous to cut the additional poundage then go fight. Dolce knows this BTW but still advocates the process.

2. The new rules dont allow for IV re hydration so you will see this be a reoccurring problem. Especially for Mrs. Santos who is already entertaining the prospect of a big cut.

Rule of thumb for (wrestling/MMA) weight cuts for men:
Starting the final cut
10 to 14lbs... 36 hrs before weigh in if performing the day of weigh in.
15 to 20lbs... 36 hrs before weigh in if performing next day of weigh in.

It is the responsibility of the athlete to hit these numbers weeks before the final cut starts.

Anything more is pushing it regardless of your background in athletics.

Last edited:
Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
hendricks looks like a rat with a beard

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
hendricks looks like a rat with a beard

i love hendricks!

he is a bit of a whiner; i'll admit. but i'm from Stillwater so when he wrestled at OK State i remember seeing him around the gym and stuff. i used to sneak into the OKState gym when i was home on break from school. OSU gym is way nicer than the USC gym. (the better the school, the worse the gym) ;)

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
Bro Bundy, i have a beard like him, the ladies tell me i look more manly now!

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
just not a big fan i have no idea why .Im usually awlays for the wrestler just dont like him

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
Bro Bundy its probably his voice that you don't like! I wouldn't tell that to his face though!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic