Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Turbolag's Lifting Log and Other Stuff

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Hey man....have you ever considered pausing at the top of your lift versus just taking it out of the rack and starting?

I'm not quite sure what POB wants you to do, so don't listen to me if I'm sticking my nose where doesn't belong.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Those AMRAP bench sets are incredible. How are your shoulders and elbows feeling?

Thanks a lot CL. It helps your shoulders because of all the blood flow, haha. Elbows are not bad. What aggravates my elbows are the skull crushers. I'm really weak at skull crushers too. My goal is to be able to do reps with 100lbs. Not sure when that will be. I might try it soon just to see.

Hey man....have you ever considered pausing at the top of your lift versus just taking it out of the rack and starting?

I'm not quite sure what POB wants you to do, so don't listen to me if I'm sticking my nose where doesn't belong.

Yea im not supposed to do that. I've gotten into the habit again of lowering it too fast after the unrack. I am gonna try to work on pausing a little longer. I used to lower it fast, then worked on holding it. Something that definitely needs improvement.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Yea im not supposed to do that. I've gotten into the habit again of lowering it too fast after the unrack. I am gonna try to work on pausing a little longer. I used to lower it fast, then worked on holding it. Something that definitely needs improvement.
Yeah, hold on to the bar above you after the unrack, and hold that weight for a beat or two ... you'll really get a better innate understanding of your leverages which helps you with the most efficient movement pattern of the bar.

Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara

Jun 14, 2016
Some powerlifting feds require that little pause before benching. The ones that use three commands anyway, down, press and rack. Some just use press and rack commands and don't require it. Still a good practice to have in my opinion.

Nice work on the bench AMRAPs, I love last set AMRAPs myself. What's your max, low to mid 300's?

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Yeah, hold on to the bar above you after the unrack, and hold that weight for a beat or two ... you'll really get a better innate understanding of your leverages which helps you with the most efficient movement pattern of the bar.

Definitely going to work on holding it a little longer. Thanks for dropping in CL!

Some powerlifting feds require that little pause before benching. The ones that use three commands anyway, down, press and rack. Some just use press and rack commands and don't require it. Still a good practice to have in my opinion.

Nice work on the bench AMRAPs, I love last set AMRAPs myself. What's your max, low to mid 300's?

Thanks man! Yea, I competed twice in WABDL and there is no downward command. Its up to you when you start the decent, BUT, the guy that I was training with still had me hold it for about a second to get settled. I have kind of gotten use to lowering it right away again. Going to work on it though.

The AMRAPs after your working sets are really hard.

Right now, my max is about 325. I tried 335 about 4 weeks ago, and just missed it off the chest. The program has a scheduled test day in two weeks, so I'm trying to think how I'm going to approach it.

Great session with badass AMRAPs, Turbo!!!

Thanks man, I was spent after this!

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Hey everyone. I took a break from logging gym sessions. I'm gonna try to start updating more. It's nice to be able to go back for a reference.

So current weight is about 208.

Bench is probably around 305 or so.

Over head press is probably 185-195

I just started squatting and deadlifting again. I stopped them around July.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
12/13/2016 Back Day

Seated back extensions: 1 x 18

Bent over barbell rows:

Bar x 10
95 x 10
135 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 8

Seated rows: 3 x 10

Seated lat machine: 4 x 10

Body weight pull ups: 2 x 5

Smith machine shrugs: 3 x 15

Upright rows: 4 x 10

Standing alternating dumbbell curls:

30s x 5

40s x 5

50s x 5

Standing ez curls:

50 x 10
60 x 10
70 x 10
80 x 8
90 x 5
60 x 10
50 x 10

Body weight reverse hyperextensions off GHR machine: 3 x 10

Stretched hamstrings, quads, abductor/adductors, PSOAS

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Welcome back! 208lbs, good deal. Where were you at when you stopped logging? I'm jelly of your OHP still :)

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Welcome back! 208lbs, good deal. Where were you at when you stopped logging? I'm jelly of your OHP still :)

Thanks man, I missed everyone. I was around 250 when I stopped posting. How is your shoulder doing?

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
12/15/2016 Squat Day

Back extensions, warm up

Squats:

Bar x 1

135 x 2

185 x 2

Add belt

225 x 1

255 x 1

275 x 1

Dead lifts:

135 x 1

185 x 1

Add belt

225 x 1

275 x 1

Leg press: 2 pps: 4 x 10

Seated leg curls: 4 x 10

Standing calf raises

Bodyweight hyperextensions, bodyweight reverse hypers off GHR machine

Planks, bird dogs, stretched

I think next week I'm going to start running 5/3/1 for squats. I've never run it for squats before, only bench and OHP. For dead lifts I think I am just going to use them as an accessory. So I'm thinking I'll do 3 sets of 5 reps each week and alternate the weights. Either 65%,70% and 75%, or 70%,75% and 80%. We'll see, I'll just play around with it. How does that sound?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic