BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Mac your the man
most people don't look at it like some
I see most people are at their tops lbm in the range of 170-200
even Arnold was like a lbm of 220 when he was winning
yes some people are a monster 260 -- but strip away a lot of bs -- to find their lbm is still in the low low 200
when you actually get to a bf % of say 8-10% and weigh in over 200 -- ur a big mofo
to the general public

I know my genetic pot is not great -- with my bone size -- my wrist is 8" around -- and im by far the tallest in my family ---by 5"
so I was stuck and had to go the AAS route to push myself
done all the bs of bulk -- trim -- etc etc

now midway thru my 50s I still hold good size but more of a cost and a lot harder to grow or even keep what I have-- so I say you can grow and grow
until your caloric intake/ hormonal system can't support your muscle mass anymore then u stall

ill take a 180 at 8% all day -- but not yet lol
212 at 7% as of last weeks dunk in --- but truth is im tired of eating right and waiting for my liver or kidneys to give out but as for now its my teeth from eating all the time
I don't have FD jaw muscles but then again I prefer my steak on the grill med rare and I cut it with a knife

keep us posted -- love to hear more

sorry for off topic ramble some but I feel your pain

Damn good post!!!!!

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Just posting a little update. I know we all could do more on regular posting.

This has worked pretty well. Overall, I saw a shift of about 8lbs scale weight. I filled out nicely and I felt better in the gym.

DC training is a month in the books and I have to say I really like it. 3 workouts a week, just under an hour a piece. I am running into one issue. I actually think I may be training a little harder than I can recover from. Starting to get all kinds of aches and pains. (shoulder especially). I think I am going to incorporate a lighter week in without the giant sets and just do more volume.

Eventually, I can see rotating in and out of this type of training. The amount of time away from the gym has been nice. Still not doing cardio, but I swear at some point I will get some in.

In a few weeks I think I am going to start dropping carbs back a little to start a slow cut for spring. Not sure if I may just do one or possibly 2 sugar spikes a week. Might just cut back first and then see how I respond. Thank goodness for dextrose! It makes this all quite easy. I also have been eating tons of sherbert! :D All carbs and no real fat. Drinking the dextrose and whey on way home from the gym, and then coming home and having about 3-4 servings of sherbert!
Are you doing the deload?

You cant go heavy too damn long. I can usually go 6 weeks heavy then I start feeling that I need to deload. I take a week off completely then go 1-2 weeks with much lighter weight, about 50-65% of what I was working with before.
You really have to listen to your body on DC. Gotta be very in tune with what your body is feeling. Great program though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011

You cant go heavy too damn long. I can usually go 6 weeks heavy then I start feeling that I need to deload. I take a week off completely then go 1-2 weeks with much lighter weight, about 50-65% of what I was working with before.
You really have to listen to your body on DC. Gotta be very in tune with what your body is feeling. Great program though.

I am finding that out. I have never done DC type training before. I am actually surprised that it is hitting me as hard as it is, since the workouts do not seem that crazy. They are so short I am not even really feeling like I am killing myself.

I am taking a few light weeks and then I think I will repeat. Overall, I think it is a great option to have in the tool shed. 3 workouts/week and aprox 50 min / training session. Back about 25ish years ago, I did Heavy Duty. This does not feel as 'all out' as that did. I really think this might be a good thing for me to continue for a while. (with deloads)

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

I am finding that out. I have never done DC type training before. I am actually surprised that it is hitting me as hard as it is, since the workouts do not seem that crazy. They are so short I am not even really feeling like I am killing myself.

I am taking a few light weeks and then I think I will repeat. Overall, I think it is a great option to have in the tool shed. 3 workouts/week and aprox 50 min / training session. Back about 25ish years ago, I did Heavy Duty. This does not feel as 'all out' as that did. I really think this might be a good thing for me to continue for a while. (with deloads)

I would be concerned with my CNS overall with that type of training!...I like it tho, just feel like it taxes my CNS more so than other training methods!....

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

:)

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
I would be concerned with my CNS overall with that type of training!...I like it tho, just feel like it taxes my CNS more so than other training methods!....
That's why you deload! That way you avoid overloading the CNS.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
10-10!!!...

I think I have to be overly concerned nowadays with my CNS...A couple of days ago I was shrugging and noticed after the 3rd set my hands were trembling!...Normally I can go at least 6-8 sets before I notice this...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic