Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Trump 2024

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Trump actually did say yesterday that he’d enforce term limits on Congress members in his speech. That was particularly appealing and interesting to me.

I don’t know how Trump can enforce it, perhaps via executive order? I doubt Congress would vote “yes” on having terms limits…. However any other incoming President that overturns that executive order would instantly lose approval. So yeah, that’s actually an amazing campaign promise to run on.
Old people say lots of things that never happen....The problem with Trump is he says things he has no authority to change, yet his followers get roped into believing that he can. Congress will never approve of term limits. And someone running for President should sell me on how he will do things differently, I didnt hear that last nite.

Republicans have to have younger people in the party who want to lead, until they stand up the GOP will continue to lose major elections. I still dont get how people in Iowa re elected an almost 90 year old to another term....

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
He's Ross Perot 2.0. I think he will destroy himself when the many Republicans come out for 2024....then tank the party.
He already has tanked the party, there are less GOP Governors today than when he took office.
Major GOP donors are already saying they wont support another Trump ticket and we all know he wont use his own money to run.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
I agree there needs to be an age limit for not only politicians, but judges as well. 65, as someone else suggested, might be a little low, but I'm good with 70.

BUT....

We can all change things by researching third party or no affiliation candidates and voting for them and making a conscious decision to do so whenever there are races that aren't close. Close races, unfortunately, will still make me vote for one of the two party candidates if there is a big difference between the two. If the race is really already decided, I'm voting 3rd party every time.

The two party system we currently have needs to be eliminated if there is any hope for improvement.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
It takes a constitutional amendment to impose term limits. The 22nd Amendment is what limits the presidency to two terms. For that idiot Trump to say that he is going to single handedly impose term limits on congress is just one more reason so many people now consider him a dumbass, whose time has passed.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I was hoping he wouldn't run. He was the best president we have had in a long time getting the most accomplished and with an America first attitude.
He lost to an incoherent moron who can't even speak and a cackling useless dumb bish. He should take that as a cue and let someone who can actually win run.
I only agree with the first year and half he was president. Everything else after that was a pure Sh*t show. After he became president he lost his way and let the power get to his head. He resembled more a dictator and little child throwing a temper tantrum than a successful businessman and president.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I only agree with the first year and half he was president. Everything else after that was a pure Sh*t show. After he became president he lost his way and let the power get to his head. He resembled more a dictator and little child throwing a temper tantrum than a successful businessman and president.
His presidency was over as soon as he lost the house. The democrats have played him like a flute starting with the government shutdown and the never-ending investigations etc. He never made an effort to keep the house intact thinking his rallies were an indication of the mood of American voters.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
The belief that voting is the method we have to perpetuate in the attempt for a functional system / society, is just insane.
HOW, is wide open for new ideas. Because we struggle to agree upon a particular method is no reason not to pursue such an endeavor.
Abundantly clear is the fact that voting does not resolve the endless problems that persist. Stop referring to it as “the best we’ve got.”

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
The belief that voting is the method we have to perpetuate in the attempt for a functional system / society, is just insane.
HOW, is wide open for new ideas. Because we struggle to agree upon a particular method is no reason not to pursue such an endeavor.
Abundantly clear is the fact that voting does not resolve the endless problems that persist. Stop referring to it as “the best we’ve got.”
Proves a point of mine, the best and brightest never go into politics.....

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Republicans won the house by a mouse hair..now the turncoats can help biden pass his agenda. Nothing good ahead for the Republicans as they put the grim reaper back as the leader of the Senate.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic