Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

TRT water retention

916stang

May 24, 2012
I'm currently on TRT and have been ever since I turned in my late 20s and I'm 30 next year. Had low T in my late 20s and went to a doc to check my levels

These days I'm only running 200mg a week of test cyp. I've noticed some water retention even though I am still losing weight but have been retaining a bit of water every few days

I'm guessing this is actually estrogen and I need to add in dex or asin soon. Any thoughts?

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Probably wise to run a little ai on 200 a week.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Generally, I don't have to run an AI at that low of a dose, but we're all different. I don't sweat a little water retention, but I would care if the nipples start getting itchy and/or puffy, which indicates estrogen is too high. In general, only run an AI as needed. If you're going to run AIs for years with your TRT, you should probably use exemastene (aromasin), as it appears to be better on your lipids that adex.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I'm on 200mg/wk Dr prescribed trt from my endo. She doesn't believe in AI's for long term use. She says they are toxic, and I think she's right. She believes in lowering the dose if E2 problems come up. Well, who the fuk wants to lower the dose? Not this guy. I take 12.5mg of stane same day I pin my test. It's enough to keep the issues at bay...

Seeker

Seeker

Dec 30, 2011
If if you're holding a bit of water and it's not common with your trt dose it's possible it's not related to your trt dosing. It could be number of different things. diet, and or training related. I know when I'm super sore from killing a workout I will hold some water for a few days.

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
Sometimes if I'm feeling a little bloated (and know it's not estrogen related), I'll use some low dose HCTZ (usually 12.5mgs) for a few days. It gets rid of any extra water I'm carrying...

916stang

May 24, 2012
It was the salt :)

Also, thinking of dropping my dosage a little lower

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic