Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

TRT Debacle

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
A good friend of mine was/is seeing a Dr. for TRT which he never said anything about it till now, well he was just juicin away without thinking that "Hey doctor is going to test my Test levels one day to see where they are at". He went in this past week:
Testosterone Total: 2557 ng/dl
Free Test: 844 pg/ml
Estradiol: 99pg/ml

His main problem is he has to bring everything down, but most of all his junk doesn't work(this is the most pressing matter to him right now), plus doctor REAMED HIM OUT A NEW ONE!! One of the things I told him is not to pin anything for maybe a month and he needs to get some blood tests to see where the test falls in a month then maybe he can start taking TRT doses to get everything within range!

But what about the estro? Should he be taking an anti aromatise, as he has nolva that's the only thing the doctor gave him to use, plus also get some bloods to see where it falls also in a month. Any Suggestions fellas?

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I imagine he’s at a 400-500mg weekly dose currently.
For testing in a month, I’d recommend he drop to 150mg every 5 days for the next 4 weeks, 20mg daily nolvadex.
Next round of labs should likely show him upper end of normal range total test, significantly improved estradiol level, and likely recover some cock function… boners.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Wonder if original doctor will want to have anything to do with him now that it's known he has the ability and the desire to go way above trt range. Wonder too if switching doctors will work or if his original medical records will follow him around somehow.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Does he remember what dosage the doctor originally prescribed?

My doc tests me once a year for insurance reasons. One year I was coming off a cycle and was still pretty high... I got such a dirty look. He basically told me what testboner said, I went back to 300 mg every other week and tested 2 months later and was in range (maybe 600 ng/dl ). I think injecting every 2 weeks is wrong, but for that month before my test I do what the doc says.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Probably dosing with about 600 wk to get 2500, labs done 7 days after the last dose, before the next dose and 12 weeks at that dosing (Bhasin et al 2001), but depends on when the labs were drawn relative to the last dose. My non-medical opinion, I'd go with 125 a week for 4 weeks (Bhasin et al dosing of 125/wk = about 550 ng/dl), it will come down fairly quick so no need for any AI or ER blocker as E2 will come down and it adds another confounding variable. I've been in the low 90's with E2 and I can't feel any difference between an E2 of 90 or E2 of 5 except my joints kill me when I'm low, but the response to E2 is individual. Lesson here is, alway know what your T level is and relative to the last dose. On line labs that are for your eyes only is the best way to avoid these kinds of disasters. Make sure the labs are drawn 7 days AFTER the last dose and BEFORE the next one. If he lives in a state where on line labs are available, get it check using the LC/MS-MS assay to make sure it is where his doc wants it, but if the doc thinks he has been off everything for a month and still at 500 ish, he may say you don't need T at all. So, it may be better to do nothing for a month, let T crash and then there is a reason to prescribe. The system is what it is, but if you are going to add to what is being prescribed, better know what you're doing.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Probably dosing with about 600 wk to get 2500, labs done 7 days after the last dose, before the next dose and 12 weeks at that dosing (Bhasin et al 2001), but depends on when the labs were drawn relative to the last dose. My non-medical opinion, I'd go with 125 a week for 4 weeks (Bhasin et al dosing of 125/wk = about 550 ng/dl), it will come down fairly quick so no need for any AI or ER blocker as E2 will come down and it adds another confounding variable. I've been in the low 90's with E2 and I can't feel any difference between an E2 of 90 or E2 of 5 except my joints kill me when I'm low, but the response to E2 is individual. Lesson here is, alway know what your T level is and relative to the last dose. On line labs that are for your eyes only is the best way to avoid these kinds of disasters. Make sure the labs are drawn 7 days AFTER the last dose and BEFORE the next one. If he lives in a state where on line labs are available, get it check using the LC/MS-MS assay to make sure it is where his doc wants it, but if the doc thinks he has been off everything for a month and still at 500 ish, he may say you don't need T at all. So, it may be better to do nothing for a month, let T crash and then there is a reason to prescribe. The system is what it is, but if you are going to add to what is being prescribed, better know what you're doing.

Good advice on the 7 day post inj for testing purposes. Also good advice on if he wants to reduce his t-level so the doc will perhaps still prescribe. Although dropping from the 2000 range down to basement levels is just going to tell the doc the obvious — the patient discontinued “steroid use/abuse.”
The OP (Snachito) didn’t indicate his buddy’s interest in necessarily retaining nor satisfying a doctor, but rather his being at an elevated level, loss of cock hardware function, and thus obvious interest to restore functionality as well as get into a “trt” range.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Note:
My recommendation / advice for his use of Nolvadex / tamoxifen at 20mg daily, is temporary. It will expedite his current excess estradiol by helping to prevent it from binding. In the short term this may also help to facilitate his ability to function sexually.
If he adjusts to a 150mg every 5 day test protocol, he’ll have no more use for the nolvadex.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
I remember when Juice Authority and I were first going to see a shady HRT doc. We went off so we could bottom out before we got blood work. We were miserable and our appointment was still two weeks out and when we get there he said, nah you dont need blood work, how much test you want? FUCK! We left with scripts and injected in the car on the way home ... Things sure have changed...

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
Ive been on TRT for many years now. I'll run a mini cycle now and again but when I do you can be damn sure I do not schedule any Dr appoint till long after I've come of. The Dr is responsible for getting your dosage correct, not only to keep T levels in a healthy range but also keeping an eye on hematocrit and other markers. If I am running higher levels of T coming into a yearly exam I will switch it up to Test Prop 8 weeks prior and take my last shot 10-14 days prior to my appointment. Going in while on full cycle dose is asking for trouble with the Dr IMO.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I remember when Juice Authority and I were first going to see a shady HRT doc. We went off so we could bottom out before we got blood work. We were miserable and our appointment was still two weeks out and when we get there he said, nah you dont need blood work, how much test you want? FUCK! We left with scripts and injected in the car on the way home ... Things sure have changed...

Shit, have not heard that name in a long time.
Last time was when he moved to Texas.
Do you have any contact with him?
Hope he is doing well.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Who was it that JA had the competition with on EF? They both went on big ass cycles and agreed to post pics after...??

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Ive been on TRT for many years now. I'll run a mini cycle now and again but when I do you can be damn sure I do not schedule any Dr appoint till long after I've come of. The Dr is responsible for getting your dosage correct, not only to keep T levels in a healthy range but also keeping an eye on hematocrit and other markers. If I am running higher levels of T coming into a yearly exam I will switch it up to Test Prop 8 weeks prior and take my last shot 10-14 days prior to my appointment. Going in while on full cycle dose is asking for trouble with the Dr IMO.
Esp if one runs even a short course of low-mod dose orals. Takes at least 8 weeks for HDL to come back up. An unexpected tanked HDL is big red flag.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic