Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

TRT at 49

Mister Sandman

Mister Sandman

Mar 6, 2013
So I have been on doc prescribed TRT for a couple of years now.

Started first year at 100mg/wk + 500iu HCG. About a year ago bumped me to 150mg/wk

Feeling ok, managed to maintain my mass, but would really like to add a few pounds of lean mass to my frame. But at my age it's getting more and more difficult...

Right now I have leaned down to about 11% BF, will keep on going for a few more weeks until summer is over, hoping to hover around 10%, then will go in a bulking phase.

But at my age I think a good diet and workout plan is not enough.
What do you think?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I think so long as the rest of your risk factors for cardiac disease and liver function is normal jewcing your brains out on a bulk is a personal choice

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Running at 150mg/wk is your baseline, so if you wish to do a bulking phase I think you could do so with just a modest bump in your test injections for 12-14 weeks at 300-400mg/wk. Throw in an oral for a kickstart for weeks 1-4, and I think you could, with a well-planned and executed diet, put on a solid 5-8 pounds of lean mass (maybe even more). With regards to the oral on the front end, that is not necessary, but I like it. I would run var at 40mg/day or tbol at 40mg/day or winny at 50mg/day.

Mister Sandman

Mister Sandman

Mar 6, 2013
Running at 150mg/wk is your baseline, so if you wish to do a bulking phase I think you could do so with just a modest bump in your test injections for 12-14 weeks at 300-400mg/wk. Throw in an oral for a kickstart for weeks 1-4, and I think you could, with a well-planned and executed diet, put on a solid 5-8 pounds of lean mass (maybe even more). With regards to the oral on the front end, that is not necessary, but I like it. I would run var at 40mg/day or tbol at 40mg/day or winny at 50mg/day.

5-8 lbs would be perfect for what I would like. At the moment I weigh in at 170lbs
You think 3-400 on top of the 150 x 12-14 wks is better than 600 x 8 wks?
(btw I am also on .25mg of AI x wk)
thx!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
5-8 lbs would be perfect for what I would like. At the moment I weigh in at 170lbs
You think 3-400 on top of the 150 x 12-14 wks is better than 600 x 8 wks?
(btw I am also on .25mg of AI x wk)
thx!

I was thinking 300-400mg/wk period to replace the 150mg/wk. So I recommend just doubling your amount or a little more. However, I'm a "less is more" type of guy.

Any yes, I think 5-8 weeks over 12-14 weeks is more realistic that the same amount over 8 weeks. I think slower on, and more retention. I just run 150mg/wk TRT and I'm able to hold all of my muscle, and I'm about 225 pounds at 15%BF or less.

T

TaiChiChuan

Oct 25, 2012
I was on TRT for a few years until the doctor discontinued the injections because my test level was too high for his young ass. >1500ng/dl I was supplementing my doses with my own stuff.
What got me was the random blood tests. You never no when one is around the corner. I didn't receive any HCG while on TRT from the clinic. After I was severed from the program, I simply added the missing TRT dose with my dose and continued on. I found out today that the TRT clinic had been shutdown. Funny. I'm 59 now, but no real motivation. Maybe a bulk-training routine might do it with the incentive of trying a '60 and over competition just might be the motivation I need. Increase my injection dose to 3gm. a month, take creatine, aminos, protein and whey powders, orals from anadrol to winstrol, a few prohormones, a good bulking diet, plenty of rest/sleep should put me back into the game.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic