Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

TRT and physical @ 50

D

Dirk Diggler

VIP Member
May 22, 2013
OK, I have my over the hill physical in 6 weeks. I've been on self TRT @ 200mg test ever 10 days. I blast about 2-5 times a year for 6-8 weeks including deca and what ever I decide ( dbol, Abombs, eqipoise etc..)

& yep, getting the old prostrate checked too including cholesterol, comprehensive metabolic, lipid panel, , & reflex.

I've never told my doc about my ...."recreational drug use" & I don't plan on it. How long should I take my last injection before the physical and any PCT drugs prior to exam? I was thinking to take my last injection 3 weeks before the exam.

Any thoughts, comments or previous experiences here to help a brother out :)

Thanks in advance :)

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Try this site to help estimate your blood levels.

http://steroidcalc.com/

Probably a month of your normal routine will put you back on track so 6 weeks for sure.

3 weeks of no testosterone will definitely bring you lower fast.

Last edited:
D

Dirk Diggler

VIP Member
May 22, 2013
Nice site!!! That is some good info. Thanks for the site, I probably need to increase the frequency of injection and play around with dosage for more effective results via that site!

I am also concerned about elevated creatin, hdl/ldl and such. I just don't want my doc to suspect AAS usage. I'm 52 in a few months and I don't look "yoked" but in really good shape....with a small beer-skin :) still have a 6 pack/ok 4 pack :) Consequently, I've a shit ton of injuries with a knee replacement coming in a year or so, neck, back, and shoulder. Seems most injuries are cartilage injuries which makes me wonder if it's my AAS usage? I've been taking 250mg/10 days for the past 5 years with occasional blasts of 6-8 weeks max maybe 2x a year.

Anyway, as far as my physical, I just want a pass with my doc is all.

D

Dirk Diggler

VIP Member
May 22, 2013
Got my blood results back and everything looks normal. All values are within normal range with the exception of my Creatin 1.32 = 0.02 above the high range. Due to my recent neck and rotator cuff injury, I"ve changed my diet and eating more on the low protein diet as I can't lift, climb or do any of my normal activities :( All I"m doing right now is spinning on my bike. Good news that my labs are ok :)

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
I'm 43 and my doc suspects, with all my levels being normal, lol just by the way I look, I'm not lean, but she thinks everyone over 40 should be fat, on blood pressure mess, or diabetic, lol, with no muscle mass at all, from years of couch sitting and beer drinking

D

Dirk Diggler

VIP Member
May 22, 2013
I'm sure my doc suspects me too, including everyone at work...maybe not? I've not had any massive weight increases and I keep good solid muscle on @ 210-215 @ 5'8 with a 6 pac :) I use 200mg TE per week for the past 20 years or so...give or take 7-10 days per injection.

So, after my physical, I went to a natural path doc for my shoulder. I tore a rotator cuff in Feb and I've not lifted since and I"m down to 196 :( I went to seek stem cell or PRP. The natural path did some blood test checking for inflammation and found some interesting things. First off, the standard cholesterol test that most doc's do are not very reliable. The natural path did some cholesterol testing for specific types of cholesterol that are harmful. Also, he checked for signs of chronic inflammation. He found that I was eating way too much red meat as it causes a certain type of acid which relates to inflammation. I had triple the normal amount. The beef we purchase is all grass fed, no hormones or antibiotics so I figured it was good for me to eat as much as I wanted. I'm a "Meatatarian" up till recent. In addition to the red meat, I was also given a specific cholesterol test that looked for large and small particle cholesterol. Turns out, the basic cholesterol screening is not as accurate. If by chance you have small particle LDL, you are at severe risk of cardiac problems. Well, I tested high! And I also have a genetic marker of "LPa" cholesterol of 56 which is almost double what is considered high. Turns out, people with LPa have an even higher risk of cardiac problems. So, for now, I'm eating under my natural path's suggestions. No red meat, limited eggs, and no sugar, limited whole grains. I've been eating more salads with nuts instead of meat, way WAY more avocado's and salmon, quinoa, and I have been substituting almond mild in my shakes for the grape juice to reduce my sugar ( natural and no processed sugar). Trying to go meat and veggies..but I can eat butter??? Imagine that?

So, as of this point, I've lost almost 20 lbs of muscle and I can tell. My only workouts are spinning on the trainer bike for an hour 4-5 times a week. No Judo :( which SUCKS!, no insanity workouts or lifting.Which also SUCKS! I"m getting a knee replacement in a week and from my research, I"m starting out with PRP for my shoulder in a few weeks after my partial knee replacement. From what I've been finding is that PRP is very effective on the shoulder injury I have. If I get no results from it, I will then move on to stem cell. I Plan on using some HGH during my PT for my shoulder in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic