Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

TRT Advice Needed

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Is this a fiction thread? Lol. When I changed insurance and was on legit trt, the new hmo handed me a steroid abuse pamphlet and cut me off cold turkey. Had to go find the anti age route to stay on a therapy I was on for 8 years already.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Not a fiction thread. I got a pamphlet about steroids but I didn't read it yet. I hadn't planned to. The urologist said they have to give it to everyone and said I probably already know what it says lol. Just a different approach than every previous time.

Slic.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I don't know anything about health insurance and what they approve and deny on. This will actually save them money vs cost them more money. It will effectively keep me off the benzos, sleeping pills, anti depressants, etc. Not to mention the modafinil (which I've tried and didn't care for) and the amphetamines which I got addicted to. She said getting the insurance to pay for it is not difficult you just need two sets of blood work indicating low T. I would suggest going into your next appointment and trying to get your doctor to collaborate with you on solving the problem. You need to have them and you on the same side working to find a solution. I approached it very very differently than I have in the past. 8 years ago it was nearly impossible to persuade them to do bloodwork or anything at all really. However back then I was telling them what the solution was instead of them telling me how they would go about finding the problem and coming up with the solution for that problem themselves. Just a different approach.

Slic.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Is this a fiction thread? Lol. When I changed insurance and was on legit trt, the new hmo handed me a steroid abuse pamphlet and cut me off cold turkey. Had to go find the anti age route to stay on a therapy I was on for 8 years already.
And this is why I do TRT myself. I may pay a bit more but I don't have to worry about getting cut off cold turkey.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Agree, Good Rx prices are very reasonable. Who comes up with the idea of a steroid abuse pamphlet for a TRT script? You'd think this was the 1990's all over again. It is unfortunate, I'm hearing more docs and even HRT clinics are cutting back dosing to where levels are within age associated range, so what's the purpose. I don't get the anti testosterone movement, there is zero evidence that it is harmful in low to moderate dosing. Just drives more and more guys that have had legit scripts for decades to UG sources, makes no sense.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Available in the USA as Aveed. Nebido is another brand name.

The drug company suggests what most of us might consider a weird injection schedule, essentially frontloading an assload (couldn't resist) of the stuff with one huge shot before leveling off to smaller, infrequent, shots ... blood work along the way and some dose-tweaking by the doctor is assumed.

There have been a few references to the usefulness of Test U right here at Lizard's Playhouse. Sounds like slic found a gem of a doctor, that she might be willing to prescribe Aveed instead of Cyp. Getting her to switch to what we would call a more normal injection schedule instead of the company's recommendation is a different matter(?) The earlier Test U discussions here usually describe DIY use from ugls for trt or maybe a light cruise, accompanied by a DIY injection schedule. Not hard to find on ugl lists as long as you trust the ugl. There's a few I know + trust, but I can see the advantages of acquiring a doctor's script along with some ugl stuff.
Great post on Aveed. I waited several years for Nebido but got hung up in the trials because someone injected into vein and there was a negative reaction.
I tried to get it through my insurance when it came out but they wouldn't cover it because of the requirements of injection at the office and then staying for observation. Not sure if it's changed but TU is the best option if you are on true TRT.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . . because someone injected into vein and there was a negative reaction . . . .
Yikes. Did that happen for the initial 4cc shot from a doctor, or was the patient left on his own for the subsequent, smaller, shots?

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Yikes. Did that happen for the initial 4cc shot from a doctor, or was the patient left on his own for the subsequent, smaller, shots?
I think it was the initial shot and definitely at the clinic. Risk of pulmonary micro embolism and anaphylaxis. We all know it was just a bad injection.

Last edited:
M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic