Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Tren E- all year

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I wish I had the time to find and reference studies to backup my claim, but I don’t. But let’s just simplify it all.

If all else is considered equal (i.e. identical twins who eat exactly as healthy as each other and live exactly the same way) then the guy who has intentionally put on 35lbs of muscle over a 10yr period and kept it on for a 30-40yr period, will die younger than the twin who spent his whole adult life at a lesser weight.

That’s my contention.

There are exceptions, but they’re called exceptions for a reason.

If you find something that can show that organs work just as hard for a jockey as they do for an offensive lineman, I’ll admit defeat.

I'll work on it SAD...However, just know I wasn't trying to defeat u bro...I just can't at the moment see the connection of bodyweight being that detrimental...For instance, I've seen people weigh 150lbs, yet their waste is 50" and their chest 20"...They were dead by 50....Yet, still weighed 150Lbs....To me, it's all about how u live and genetics...Not solely how much u weigh...

I will research your argument on the correlation of people weighing more and dying sooner than the lighter...Again my iron bro, not trying to "win", just want the facts/truth....If u are right, then I've got to loose a whole bunch of weight and then look like I have aids....This is a good subject to get to the bottom of, so don't let pride or the attitude of trying to be the "smartest" interfere with our quest to find what the fact is....I don't care who is "right", I just want to know the facts....Peace out!!!

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Calorie restricted diet is one of the best ways to increase longevity. (There are loads of peer reviewed studies)

Bigger people must eat more to maintain their size.

Even without aas, bodybuilding isn’t a pathway to optimal health.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Calorie restricted diet is one of the best ways to increase longevity. (There are loads of peer reviewed studies)

Bigger people must eat more to maintain their size.

Even without aas, bodybuilding isn’t a pathway to optimal health.

Not true in all cases, Jin...I lived with a friend of mine for about 4 months...He out weighed me by 30lbs...He got frustrated with me due to me eating 4 times what he did, yet, he was bigger (Friend = 6'2" @ 235lbs, Me =5'9" @ 190lbs)...So, bigger people do not have to eat more than smaller people necessarily to be bigger...Again, I believe it is lifestyle and genetics...Also metabolic rate...Peer reviewed studies can be flawed as well...How many times did the "experts" claim eggs were bad/good, then finally agreeing on good...All of that was based on "peer reviewed" studies...

Let me ask u out of curiosity...With u living in Japan and the people there being of smaller stature as well as having the rep of having the longest lifespan (Okinawa folks),do the other Asian cultures (chinese, flipino, etc) whom are of equal stature, also live as long as the Okinawa people?...If not, why?...I don't know per say, just curious...It would seem like ALL the Asian people that have the small build would be equal in there longevity rep not just the Okinawa folks?...

Can u give those peer reviewed studies showing that flat out x weight is a culprit in early death...I would like to see the data on why more body weight causes early death (how is the internal organs being damaged by more weight...I know they may work harder, but if they are able to handle the load it shouldn't matter...)For instances, u put an 100hp engine in a F350, sure that would be detrimental...However, if u put a 400hp engine in same truck it would work well...I feel like the internal organs are similar...If we treat them right, they will be able to tolerate the extra load...There are also peer reviewed studies to show that the heart responds well to exerciseI...It would seem like we can do that with all our organs... would really like to see why/how the excess weight is doing this....Of course if someone just bulks and doesn't take care of the rest, I can see it being bad...However, if the organs are considered as well as the bulk, then one should be fine...Just trying to think outside the box a little..

Last edited:
BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Not true in all cases, Jin...I lived with a friend of mine for about 4 months...He out weighed me by 30lbs...He got frustrated with me due to me eating 4 times what he did, yet, he was bigger (Friend = 6'2" @ 235lbs, Me =5'9" @ 190lbs)...So, bigger people do not have to eat more than smaller people necessarily to be bigger...Again, I believe it is lifestyle and genetics...Also metabolic rate...Peer reviewed studies can be flawed as well...How many times did the "experts" claim eggs were bad/good, then finally agreeing on good...All of that was based on "peer reviewed" studies...

Let me ask u out of curiosity...With u living in Japan and the people there being of smaller stature as well as having the rep of having the longest lifespan (Okinawa folks),do the other Asian cultures (chinese, flipino, etc) whom are of equal stature, also live as long as the Okinawa people?...If not, why?...I don't know per say, just curious...It would seem like ALL the Asian people that have the small build would be equal in there longevity rep not just the Okinawa folks?...

Can u give those peer reviewed studies showing that flat out x weight is a culprit in early death...I would like to see the data on why more body weight causes early death (how is the internal organs being damaged by more weight...I know they may work harder, but if they are able to handle the load it shouldn't matter...)For instances, u put an 100hp engine in a F350, sure that would be detrimental...However, if u put a 400hp engine in same truck it would work well...I feel like the internal organs are similar...If we treat them right, they will be able to tolerate the extra load...There are also peer reviewed studies to show that the heart responds well to exerciseI...It would seem like we can do that with all our organs... would really like to see why/how the excess weight is doing this....Of course if someone just bulks and doesn't take care of the rest, I can see it being bad...However, if the organs are considered as well as the bulk, then one should be fine...Just trying to think outside the box a little..

Oops, forgot to add this...

I have for almost 40 years now been at different weights...My lowest being 160lbs and my highest being 250lbs...My numbers in regards to my internal organs, vitals, etc have always stayed the same...It would seem like when I gained the extra weight, that my numbers would have reflected the damage being done...Genetics?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Giving personal examples of how we are wrong, @BackAtIt , is kinda hilarious, no offense.

You are not dead.

And individual examples refuting the norm (aka, exceptions) don’t make a rule.

This means a lot to you, because you want to be heavy, so do some research and come back with some solid studies and whatnot.

For me, it makes perfect sense that if I load my joints and organs less, they’ll last longer in better condition. Wise loading with weights is one thing, but constantly walking around huge (I’ve been 320 and solid as a wall) takes its toll. Period. Do what you want, but if you want to be so argumentative (debate-ative? haha) then do some research and present something that can convince me that if I put on more weight, I’ll live longer. Good luck.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
lol @debate-ative. Not a hint of "ugly" here, but there's sure been a lot of debate. :)

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Giving personal examples of how we are wrong, @BackAtIt , is kinda hilarious, no offense.

You are not dead.

But, but, but we don't know that I'm wrong yet...:)

And individual examples refuting the norm (aka, exceptions) don’t make a rule.

This means a lot to you, because you want to be heavy, so do some research and come back with some solid studies and whatnot.

*LOL*...I knew u were gonna throw this at me...Let me clarify...It has nothing to do with me wanting to be "heavy"...I don't care about my bodyweight...I just want muscle...It just so happens tho, that mo muscle equals mo weight...

Now I gave examples of mammals that weigh extraordinary amounts of weight, yet have long life spans...I haven't seen any data to show where if so and so weigh's x amount of weight that his/her life span is shortened...Where is that data to show that a certain amount of weight will zap a persons life span?...I even gave examples of mammals that are light having short life spans as something that is heavy...The outcomes are the same?...

I think we should be careful when we tell people that their weight (body) is solely what is going to end up killing them sooner, when there is no data to back it...Again, I see it being genetics and lifestyle, not ones weight...
For me, it makes perfect sense that if I load my joints and organs less, they’ll last longer in better condition. Wise loading with weights is one thing, but constantly walking around huge (I’ve been 320 and solid as a wall) takes its toll. Period.

Gravity doesn't care what u weigh...It will take it's toll no matter what...Also the human body is dying at birth...Science still can't explain it...If what u are saying is 100% then all the lightweight people would be living longer...From what I've seen, people are dying at the average of 70-80 no matter what their weight...

Now I didn't argue about the joint issue...I've always advocated that the joints, ligaments, and tendons are going to suffer under load...Why?...Because they have a lack of blood supply and we cannot build them and nourish them as well as we can the other parts of the body...Again, tho, people of all weights suffer this effect even if they never lifted a weight in their life and no matter what their body weight is/was...Gravity is the culprit...Metabolic rate is another...And of course that nagging, unrelentless, stabbing dilemma of, "why are we dying from the get go?"...

Do what you want, but if you want to be so argumentative (debate-ative? haha) then do some research and present something that can convince me that if I put on more weight, I’ll live longer. Good luck.

I have did research and observed in real time...The average life span is 70-80 no matter what the weight...I want the data showing that x amount of weight will cause shortened life span...

Now, if we weren't constructively argumentive, then we would still be putting butter on burn victims...;)...Right?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
2E1CF548-F216-4797-877F-04612C766637.gif

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Where is FIST now that we really need him?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

SAD, I apoligize...I didn't mean for this discussion to be a "pissing contest"....I just don't see the definitive correlation between ones body weight causing shortened lifespan...I do see however, how it seems like that would be logical...If someone will provide the data showing that people are dying sooner than others because of their body weight, I'll be convinced...Sadly, tho, even then, I will still try to build muscle until I go...

Are we still iron bro's?...

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
SAD, I apoligize...I didn't mean for this discussion to be a "pissing contest"....I just don't see the definitive correlation between ones body weight causing shortened lifespan...I do see however, how it seems like that would be logical...If someone will provide the data showing that people are dying sooner than others because of their body weight, I'll be convinced...Sadly, tho, even then, I will still try to build muscle until I go...

Are we still iron bro's?...

MindlessWorks? Is that you?

I think we’ll just have to agree that you’re wrong and move on.

But uh, yeah, iron bro’s for life...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic