Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Treadmills and Weight Loss

osiris

osiris

May 9, 2011
So you don't run on the treadmill? you just walk fo long periods of time on an incline?

Running is incompatible with my goals. I am 5'6" and still sitting at a tad over 215.....at something like 6%. If i ran i would end up catabolizing leg muscle and i need to maintain my girlish shape=-)

Seriously though, IMO, running is a very intense aerobic activity. In the marines i could easily run 10 miles at a time and most of those were sub 6 minutes....that was a decade and 100lbs ago=-)

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
You wait ATW, i will post up mandatories and i tell you now, if i had hair, i would LOOK SEXY as hell in a tight skirt. This is a ghetto booty RIGHT HERE!=-) You can sit a beer on it and it wont fall even if i do jumping jacks...LOL!=-)

video or i dont believe you :D

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
What do you want video of ATW? =-)

well, i think either the tight skirt or the beer while doing jumping jacks. how about both at the same time! yes, yes, that is what i want to see. you in a tight skirt with a beer on your ass doing jumping jacks! can you do that? if i double dog dare you? :D

osiris

osiris

May 9, 2011
well, i think either the tight skirt or the beer while doing jumping jacks. how about both at the same time! yes, yes, that is what i want to see. you in a tight skirt with a beer on your ass doing jumping jacks! can you do that? if i double dog dare you? :D

Not sure how i will hold the video camera, but i will give it my best=-)

P

Phoenix

Nov 14, 2010
amazing how I can walk at 4.0 on flat forever without my heart rate increasing, and then up the incline to 9 or more, and within 5 minutes I'm really working hard. gets my hammies and glutes as well. a nice way to hit the hammies on the treadmill is to increase the incline and drop the speed to 2.0 and take extremely long strides so that your feet almost go off the back, it's like an exaggerated lung, and do that for a couple of minutes and then recover. repeat for intervals, and you'll be working hard.

This is what I do! I can't believe I actually might be getting something right in the gym for a change! :D

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
surprised nobody has mentioned the Eliptical machines. I do about 70% of my cardio on it. I feel like i am using all the same muscles as when i am on the treadmil but without the impact. Feels way better for my joints and instrad of free swinging arms, i can use my arms to assist the load pulling the handles. i just think i get a much more total body cardio event on the eliptical. the other 30% of the time im on the stationary bike.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i can double the # of calories burned on a treadmill vs the elliptical. i was a huge elliptical fan for the first year and a half of lifting. then i was told that if i wanted to get my legs in shape, i needed to start running. i put it off forever but eventually quit being lazy and got on the treadmill. i was shocked at how much more i could get accomplished on the treadmill. now instead of running on it, i set it at a 15% incline at 4.0mph and damn, gets the heartrate going and the sweat pouring and has done GREAT things for my legs!

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
yes it has... you do have amazing legs

K

Kätzchen

TID Lady Member
Sep 3, 2013
Treadmill is my only form of cardio atm since I have one at home - it's just so much more convenient. I don't run anymore though - I too walk - usually 3.5mph at 15% incline. My hams & butt love it!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I noticed Millennium likes to post articles, then never debate or reply to the thread. I am constantly debating the studies and articles, just for the sake of a discussion and debate, and she never replies to anything.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic