Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Treadmills and Weight Loss

nationwide

nationwide

VIP Member
Mar 19, 2011
One of the problems with treadmills is that there is no hamstring work since the machine brings your leg back for you, leading to muscle imbalance if used long enough.

Hawk

not sure if i agree with that, if you put it at a steep incline it will work hams and glutes. I do understand what u are saying,but i seem to get a good ham and glute burn.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
^^ yeah...high incline at 3.5 mph...whooaa...

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
amazing how I can walk at 4.0 on flat forever without my heart rate increasing, and then up the incline to 9 or more, and within 5 minutes I'm really working hard. gets my hammies and glutes as well. a nice way to hit the hammies on the treadmill is to increase the incline and drop the speed to 2.0 and take extremely long strides so that your feet almost go off the back, it's like an exaggerated lung, and do that for a couple of minutes and then recover. repeat for intervals, and you'll be working hard.

nationwide

nationwide

VIP Member
Mar 19, 2011
amazing how I can walk at 4.0 on flat forever without my heart rate increasing, and then up the incline to 9 or more, and within 5 minutes I'm really working hard. gets my hammies and glutes as well. a nice way to hit the hammies on the treadmill is to increase the incline and drop the speed to 2.0 and take extremely long strides so that your feet almost go off the back, it's like an exaggerated lung, and do that for a couple of minutes and then recover. repeat for intervals, and you'll be working hard.
I will try that sounds like a good idea

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
I dunno the damn stair stepper seems to kick my old ass more than the tread mill lol.

Yup, the stair stepper at my gym really kicks my old glutes too

T

tacdgb

Jul 5, 2011
Love my trreadmill...I use it during the bad months where the weather is ugly. It really does make me sweat. I run on it at 4.2 to 4.4 for an hour. Love my cardio. And it sits nicely next to my weight bench.

osiris

osiris

May 9, 2011
I love the treadmill. I am currently doing the treadmill at 2.8mph and 13% incline. Its working great and my ass is looking very nice and tight=-)

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I love the treadmill. I am currently doing the treadmill at 2.8mph and 13% incline. Its working great and my ass is looking very nice and tight=-)

So you don't run on the treadmill? you just walk fo long periods of time on an incline?

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
All I do is walk as well...I do about a 3.3 mph pace on a steep incline. For me 35-45 min first thing in the morning on an empty stomach works best for fat loss, a couple times a week Ill crank the tread mill up to the blistering pace of about 4.5 mph just to keep the old ticker in shape.

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011
i just run on grass. realized this when i would take my dog for a jog and didnt want her joints getting hurt on the sidewalk. so whats good for my dog is prob good for me

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i have been running on the treadmill for 6-8 months or more now. i dont mind it anymore, for about 10 mins. today i did 6.5mph for 10 min than went to 15 degree incline at 2 and then 3 mph for 5 min each. i was a sweating mess when i got done. total of 20 min time. wasnt too bad actually! hoping to get an ass like Osiris :) :confused: wait wut??

osiris

osiris

May 9, 2011
i have been running on the treadmill for 6-8 months or more now. i dont mind it anymore, for about 10 mins. today i did 6.5mph for 10 min than went to 15 degree incline at 2 and then 3 mph for 5 min each. i was a sweating mess when i got done. total of 20 min time. wasnt too bad actually! hoping to get an ass like Osiris :) :confused: wait wut??

You wait ATW, i will post up mandatories and i tell you now, if i had hair, i would LOOK SEXY as hell in a tight skirt. This is a ghetto booty RIGHT HERE!=-) You can sit a beer on it and it wont fall even if i do jumping jacks...LOL!=-)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic