Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

~TransGender~ Competitor?

Should this TransGender Man be allowed to compete as a Woman.

• Absolutely

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Hell NO.

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • I don't know or care.

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
There are a couple other issues here that are not being discussed.

One is the issue of gender versus sex. Your gender is your psychological view of yourself. Your sex is what bodyparts you were born with. Most of us have matching gender and sex and should fee lucky that we do. The unlucky minority can have male parts and feel like a female, or can have female parts and self identify as a male. Others can feel like neither or both genders.

The other issue is the issue of sex. We like to think of sex identity (not sexual orientation, but the more basic issue of whether you have male or female parts) as black or white: either you are a male or you are a female. But there are a lot of people born with both male and female parts. (Yes, I know this is yucky). Frequently the parents make a decision that their intersexed child will be either a boy or a girl. And in the industrialized world, the doctors operate, to alter the offending parts so the child will be the sex chosen by the parents. In some places, this is not an option and the child retains the intersex parts.

Do you all remember the woman from Africa who was winning international races a few years ago? Apparently she was one of those intersexed children and chose to be a female around the time of puberty.

All of this is to say the world is more complicated than we like to believe. And knowing the truth can be frightening, or it can be liberating, depending on your point of view.

I think I prefer to be liberated rather than oppressed by the truth.

Again, you can be liberated, but you have to understand that there are limits as well. The bottom line is, it puts you at an advantage. If these were women wanting to be men, and then competed against other men, then I think we can agree that this would be different because he is at a clear disadvantage from the start. OTOH, a man wanting to compete against the women, sorry, I Just cannot agree that if the rules sale men vs men, women vs women, then those are the rules.

I just don't understand how, if you make a life altering decision, that you would expect the word to bend to your will so that life is "fair" to you. This is YOUR struggle, don't force everyone around you to share your struggle

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Again, you can be liberated, but you have to understand that there are limits as well. The bottom line is, it puts you at an advantage. If these were women wanting to be men, and then competed against other men, then I think we can agree that this would be different because he is at a clear disadvantage from the start. OTOH, a man wanting to compete against the women, sorry, I Just cannot agree that if the rules sale men vs men, women vs women, then those are the rules.

I just don't understand how, if you make a life altering decision, that you would expect the word to bend to your will so that life is "fair" to you. This is YOUR struggle, don't force everyone around you to share your struggle

I don't see anything wrong with your point of view. I am not sure I agree quite 100% but I agree 95% I think.

Like I said there is no perfect answer. We can either protect the minority and extend them imperfect solutions . . . or we can leave them to fend for themselves. Neither is perfectly fair for everyone.

extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
I honestly believe people can be born in the wrong body. At one point in the womb we are all hermaphrodites who's to say the progesterone loaded water supply isn't going to cause this to happen. I was giving a dude at the gym a hard time telling him every time he goes down on his old lady it means he is gay. He is wicked homophobic so I love ****ing with him. I told him the clit is nothing more than a tiny pecker (true) and he thought I was full of shit. Seriously, look at all the various types of genetic issues there are. Doesn't take much for a DNA marker here and there to get flipped. If she was born a hermaphrodite and chose the male gender would the same rules apply? Would he not be able to compete as a man because he was born with female genes as well ad male? It would not be any fault of her's she was born that way. She chose the gender she identified with had the surgery as well as the hormone therapy so she is a woman end of story. Instead of judging her maybe we should be grateful we don't have to deal with the bullshit she needs to put up with. I hope she wins.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
I honestly believe people can be born in the wrong body. At one point in the womb we are all hermaphrodites who's to say the progesterone loaded water supply isn't going to cause this to happen. I was giving a dude at the gym a hard time telling him every time he goes down on his old lady it means he is gay. He is wicked homophobic so I love ****ing with him. I told him the clit is nothing more than a tiny pecker (true) and he thought I was full of shit. Seriously, look at all the various types of genetic issues there are. Doesn't take much for a DNA marker here and there to get flipped. If she was born a hermaphrodite and chose the male gender would the same rules apply? Would he not be able to compete as a man because he was born with female genes as well ad male? It would not be any fault of her's she was born that way. She chose the gender she identified with had the surgery as well as the hormone therapy so she is a woman end of story. Instead of judging her maybe we should be grateful we don't have to deal with the bullshit she needs to put up with. I hope she wins.

This has some validity, The thing that disgusts me is a frivolous lawsuit to make the point. It only brings more attention to her and most likely more negative attention since the negative side of issues is typically the loudest.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I would be just as mad as the girl that took more drugs then me. But I don't understand you want to be a women and yet have features like a man ??? Whack job

For once in my life I agree with Tg, you do understand though that now WE will be branded as not tolerant and all sorts of other vile implications:p

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Let me clarify what I said. Why would someone go through all that surgery. Getting their dick cut off , fake breasts ,most likely take loads of estrogen and then go and build a " masculine" physique do crossfit and then be mad when people question you. and then the lawsuit??? ****ing crazy.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
For once in my life I agree with Tg, you do understand though that now WE will be branded as not tolerant and all sorts of other vile implications:p
I don't have no problem with men that want to be women or vise versa. I just think this particular person like I said is whack or if people like the word crazy better.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Does no One else find it IRONIC her/his last name is Jonsson?

extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
Just to clarify I hope she wins the right to be in the competition not the bullshit 2M lawsuit. Maybe the amount is to just get their attention. I don't think there is any way they would win that.

My kids had a friend who was a "Boy" until about 14 I think. Actually she was born a hermaphrodite and around 14 it was pretty clear her parents were wrong when they went with the boy side. At 14 she began being what she was and you could see she was happier and on the right track. I was proud of my kids for never bullying her or dropping her as a friend. My son who is a testosterone driven hunter gatherer type didn't care whatsoever he actually would tell people to stfu when they tried talking shit to her. Now she has had the "extra" parts removed and is a happy healthy woman.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic