pbtom
What's New?

training/weight lifting while sick/flu

Mike Singletary

Mike Singletary

Sep 8, 2010
Any advice, experiences?

yes or no?

I'm currently coming down with the flu - I was meant to work out tomorrow but im not sure.... do you usually train sick?

Any help is great thanks

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
If you have the flu then you need the rest. I normally will train with any thing from the head up, sinusitis, something along those lines but once you have something in your lungs then its time to rest. Plus your just gonna spread that shit to everyone else in the gym man. The gym is full of germs and thats just the way it is but I cant stand when someone comes in coughing and snotting all over all the equipment and everyone in it.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I try not to overdo it but I do like a good cardio sweat session when I feel crappy, as long as you are hydrated it usually makes me feel a little better when I wake up the next day.

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
I did it today but it's not wise. When you have the flu or something else, your body needs its energy to heal and if you're working out, chances are that you will need more time to recover.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
ive allways trained sick...you dont get the full effect wile being sick but i feel training wile being sick helps me get over the sickness more faster compared to laying low and waitting to get well....I know its hard to workout when your not feeling good but its just another road block from keeping u from the weights....Im sure most doctors would say ...REST...But considering ive did both and compareing the two ...i healed quicker wile training.....dw

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
I say rest...Anytime I have tried to work through...It's been counterproductive and basically a waste of time.

I'm not saying this about a case of the sniffles or a scratchy throat but the flu...no way.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
ive allways trained sick...you dont get the full effect wile being sick but i feel training wile being sick helps me get over the sickness more faster compared to laying low and waitting to get well....I know its hard to workout when your not feeling good but its just another road block from keeping u from the weights....Im sure most doctors would say ...REST...But considering ive did both and compareing the two ...i healed quicker wile training.....dw

Same^^ I find that training while sick is a 'mind over matter' exercise. I also agree with DW's theory that it speeds the healing process; it's great for breaking a fever.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic