Latest Member
Imsprod1
What's New?

Training/Programs

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Any new programs you guys are running? I've been out of the weight training the last couple years or so and focused more on baseball and mobility. With all the injuries from previously powerlifting, I definitely am not looking to go back to that, but definitely want to try to continue in the game.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Try to find something you like and stick to it? Pretty much all programs work if you work them, and you've been around long enough to know what's what as far as good and bad programming.

I've really struggled with this since I ruptured my adductor in 2018, and it ended my powerlifting "career". It took me a year to recover and get back into the gym, and it is one of those lifelong type injuries I'll be working arounf until I'm dead.

I just can't find a groove and really get into a higher rep/bodybuilding type of program. I feel like I've just been program hopping and going through the motions since I went back to the gym in 2019.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
All training routines IMO are goal oriented/dependent.
It's all about your targeted results/outcome of your training.
I'm a sucker for a classic 3-4 day split.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Any new programs you guys are running? I've been out of the weight training the last couple years or so and focused more on baseball and mobility. With all the injuries from previously powerlifting, I definitely am not looking to go back to that, but definitely want to try to continue in the game.

Good to hear man. I don’t have any programs to suggest, but can’t wait to see you getting back at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
I guess it all depends on your training goals, even moreso since you have been out of weight training for quite awhile.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I kinda jumped in with both feet. German Volume Training. Emphasis on "Volume". Not going to lie, but I'm sore as hell, but it feels good to get work in. I definitely started very light, but I wanted to get after it. So far, I'm surviving. Lots of stretching. LOL.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I prefer to train as intensely and as frequently as I can recover. My normal routine:

Day one
Chest/back/shoulders
Day two
Legs/triceps/biceps
Day three
Rest
Repeat

I do two exercises per body part with a lot intensity training, i.e. rest pause, drop sets, muscle rounds, widow makers, etc... I am crushing each body part every workout, but not to the point I cannot recover in a few days. I also do extreme stretching after I finish each body part. I guess my routine would be a blend of DC, Fortitude and Mountain Dog.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I prefer to train as intensely and as frequently as I can recover. My normal routine:

Day one
Chest/back/shoulders
Day two
Legs/triceps/biceps
Day three
Rest
Repeat

I do two exercises per body part with a lot intensity training, i.e. rest pause, drop sets, muscle rounds, widow makers, etc... I am crushing each body part every workout, but not to the point I cannot recover in a few days. I also do extreme stretching after I finish each body part. I guess my routine would be a blend of DC, Fortitude and Mountain Dog.
I adjusted this after coming off my cycle and being on TRT for the rest of the year. My arms were not developing due to having to compete with legs for recovery and I wanted to add some trap work in. Still training each body part three times over two weeks. Core is worked directly on every rest day. Cardio is done every day and sometimes twice on rest days.

Day one - Chest/back/shoulders
Day two - Triceps/biceps/traps
Day three - Legs
Day four - Rest
Day five - Chest/back/shoulders
Day six - Triceps/biceps/traps
Day seven - Rest
Day eight - Legs
Day nine - Rest
Day ten - Chest/back/shoulders
Day eleven - Triceps/biceps/traps
Day twelve - Legs
Day thirteen - Rest
Day fourteen - Rest
Repeat

T

Thundergod

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2022
Personally, I'm still a big fan of the DC 2 day split. I've done the PPL and a few other programs, but I always find myself going back to the the 2 Day split. It could be because of my work schedule, 48/96, but it seems to be what works best for me.

78steeler

Mar 21, 2023
Right now I am using a version of Wendler 5/3/1. 2 days/week weight training and another 2 days/week of cardio.

L

lamarclark09

Mar 13, 2023
Workout 1; chest and triceps
  • Bench press
  • Triceps dip
  • Incline dumbbell press
  • Triceps extension
Workout #2 Back & Biceps
  • Pull up
  • Bent-over row
  • Chin up