Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

training myths?

J

John Will

Jul 26, 2017
many people say that doing more sets with less machines is good and some says to do more machines and less number of sets so what is this myth and which one is the truth.
example would be lets say i go in the gym and do 6 different workouts with 3-5 sets, or if i goto the gym and do 13 different workouts with 2 sets, is there any difference?

i want lean body, so which would be more productive for me?

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I've found that a split routine consisting of multiple sets of mostly compound / free weight exercises works best for me.

I never got much out of doing 1-2 sets of 1-2 exercises per bodypart, and using mostly machines and full-body routines and whatnot - like some authors who sold Nautilus equipment would recommend.

Of course just because 3-4 sets per exercise generally works better for me than 1-2 sets per exercise, it doesn't necessarily mean that 8-10 or more sets per exercise would be better - that's probably too much. I limit the amount of work I do and the length of my workouts to reasonable levels and rarely go beyond that.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
many people say that doing more sets with less machines is good and some says to do more machines and less number of sets so what is this myth and which one is the truth.
example would be lets say i go in the gym and do 6 different workouts with 3-5 sets, or if i goto the gym and do 13 different workouts with 2 sets, is there any difference?

Who ever said to use "more machines?" The trainer at Planet Fitness???

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017

This is highly dependent on goals and current level.
Are you a cross fitter, a bodybuilder, power lifter? Are you weight training to supplement for basketball or football? These things all matter when making training choices.

How far along in the above mentioned sport are you? How seasoned a weightlifter?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Every human being on this planet is UNIQUE....What works for one, won't for the other and other and other....However, with that being said, for me personally, I have found that working to failure yeilds me, myself and I the best results!...Another 2 cents cast your way...:)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic