Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Training for Valhalla

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Awesome workout bro!!! I would think the reasons for your lower back cramps was dehydration from activities earlier in the day with out re-hydrating. You could use some heat cream on your lower back to see if that helps. I know it does for me, especially at nite if my legs start cramping and I don't want to spend an hr, stretching to get them loose I put some generic stuff I get from walmart and I'M good to go the rest of the nite.
Yea good advice matey, j didn't think about the dehydration part. Proper makes sense. And yea ill give those creams a go, I've used them before over aching muscles (normally just in little tugs and pulls) and they have always worked a treat but never thought about using them like this :) thanks for the advice buddy :)

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Highlights from yesterday's deadlift

Did a brutal 2 hour session with every set of deadlift supersetted with leg extensions and prone hypers. The pump was seriously unreal

My main working sets were

2 sets of 7reps on 180kg

20reps on 100kg

And 3 sets of 10 on 100kg with additional Bands 11.5kg - 36.4kg ( 25lb - 80lb)

I then finished on a blast set of leg extensions to give some real nasty bite into the quads and of course the compulsory hyperextension also.

Could barely stay standing by the end

Living my motto of

Walk into the gym - crawl out!

#BIGZILLA the #EighthWonderOfTheworld and #LATISAURUS REX ARTS

Present

#DEADZILLA APPROVED media

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
A good day to SQUAT - Training for VALHALLA 28/6/21

Nice lil pump up with leg extensions and prone hypers and then on squat some
Nice and easy warmups going up to 170kg

Then the real work came

180kg 8reps 3sets

Focused then more so with lunges

40kg 10reps 3sets

Before another final pump up on leg extensions and more prone hypers

BOOM

THATS HOW WE DO IT!!

The #FairyQuadMother and
The #Quadfather

Present

Totally #SQUATASTIC MEDIA

With #SQUATZILLA the #EighthWonderOfTheworld

#FeeFiFoFum

#BippityBoppityBOOM #EasyPeasy #LemonSqueezy #BeastModeActivated #valhalla #valhallaawaits #trainingforvalhalla #valhallagym #valhallafitness #strong #vikingpower #vikingstrength #oldmandtrength ☢ #monster ☢#powerlifting #powerlifter ️‍♂️ #gainz #musclemonster #swoll #beastmode #liftheavyshit #doyouevenlift #neversettle #liftheavy ️‍♂️️‍♂️️‍♂️️‍♂️

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Strength is returning whilst rehabing both a cruciate ligament and hip/lower back injury. To compensate I've started to learn sumo and it feels smooooth. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Zero momentum = Maximum Muscle and Overwhealming Power

No better way to develop power off the chest than Static rack press

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Good ol' front delts

Love love love seated rear delts. No better way to feel POWERRRRRRR

Played around first going up to 125kg

before then dropping down to 70kg ( plus bands for an extra resistance of (9kg -46kg or in old money 20lb-101.5lb) for three sets of 14reps

There is a reason I have a 60inch jacket lol

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Looking strong, my iron bro!....I use to love doing MP's in the day!....It seemed like my BP's would go up if I did em!...Keep on keeping on!....

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Looking strong, my iron bro!....I use to love doing MP's in the day!....It seemed like my BP's would go up if I did em!...Keep on keeping on!....

Deffo buddy, military press has really started to boost my bench also, I like quite a wide grip on bench so even more so.

Cheers matey - the gym never dies haha

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Knee is healing well after my cruciate ligament injury, still hurts but handling 200kg now with ease.

loving my new style, sumo deadlift feels so smooth and seems to function well with my skeleton and build.

here is to the journey for my 350kg target

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Today's workout was a simple but brutal one.

130kg 287lb on flat bench for 10reps

Even though Nakkered from that I put the weight up a tidbit

135kg 5reps

And then a teenie weenie bit more

137.5kg 5reps

Then I did some accessory work on

Band flyes

20.5kg 6sets 14reps

Cross over cables (bands)

55kg 6sets 15reps

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
ACHIEVING FAILURE - Going the extra 5%

Warmup 70kg 3reps x 3sets

80kg 8reps
90kg 8reps
100kg 8reps
110kg 8reps
120kg 8reps
130kg 8reps
140kg 8reps
150kg 7reps
160kg 3reps
160kg 3reps

Total of 78 reps. Insane volume. Insane intensity. The only way to grow. My first few steps on the road to 350kg. No mercy. No respite. Only pain.

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
First squat session in 7 weeks. Been letting a cruciate ligament Injury heal but back with fire in the belly for sure Steady warmups on squat with Singles on 70kg 80kg 90kg 100kg 110kg 120kg 130kg 140kg 150kg 160kg 170kg 180kg 190kg And then a single working set of 200kg 5reps Left it there, as I don't want to do too much too fast so did backoff sets on leg extensions getting a masssssssivvvve pump

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic