Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Training for Valhalla

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Started with a little playaround on heavier weights today on bench. Got to 150kg 330lb and was well pleased as I have another 7-8months to peak, so if I'm doing 150kg now in my light phase I may be able to push for 180kg 400lb at the end of the year! But then playtime was Iver and it was time to do some work so stripped the bar down to 120kg 265lb. I wanted to start my volume work by doing super strict reps. Overly strict tbh and very controlled to the point of turning into a negative lift as well as the lift proper. Did this on 120kg, 110kg and 100kg. Then I wanted to work the explosion and speed of the movement off the chest, to put as much tension into the pecs as poss for maximum muscle growth. These are a much easier way to lift than compared to the prior few sets but help work your body in a different way. So ended up doing high volume sets on 90kg, 80kg and 70kg My back and shoulder are nearly healed following a couple of injuries that have come off the aftermath of my world record, so hopefully soon be back into the rhythm with squat and deadlift also

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Back day today! And strictly speaking I shouldn't be deadlifting atm due to a lower back injury, but he'll will freeze over before I take my own advice lol

So took it easy on deads, kept it light and simple, though off camera I did thoroughly warm up with 15 singles on 120kg 264lb.

But after deads the work began with loads of volume work. Combining t-bar row for thickness of the rhomboids, chins for width and thickness of the latisimus dorsi and finished off with two super sets of bent over rows to help flair out the lower lats.

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Seated rear press today -one of my faves.

Started off light but kept going and going

30kg 16reps
40kg 16reps
50kg 16reps
60kg 16reps
70kg 16reps
80kg 6reps
90kg 1reps

Then I did weighted band work, front raises and triceps push downs, and as usual I finished with prone hyper extensions and roman chair situps

next traps

It's time to start preparing for my next world record!!

It's a long road to tread and the first step is always the hardest, but the grind continues and those who fall behind are left behind.

All the reps I've done have had bands attached so the first weight is how heavy it is at the bottom and the second weight is what it is at the top of the lift

45-75kg 30reps
95-125kg 30reps
145kg-175kg 30reps
195kg-225kg 30reps
235kg-265kg 26reps
275-305kg 16reps

And then about to blast out a set on 295-325kg

Finished my shrug workout in style on two real heavy ass weights for loads of reps

LONG LIVE THE PUMP

VALHALLA AWAITS

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Good luck and keep us posted. This is the kinda threads that get me motivated and off to the gym.

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Good luck and keep us posted. This is the kinda threads that get me motivated and off to the gym.
Brill stuff mate, glad you find it useful. Always makes my day when I hear people are training harder after watching my vids :)

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Training twice today, here is my morning workout, from 6am this morning

Warmups
70kg 10reps 2sets
120kg 10reps 2sets
170kg 10reps
210kg 10reps
250kg 10reps
290kg 10reps
320kg 10reps
320kg 16reps
320kg 27reps

Taking a break and then doing my volume work on shrugs, side and rear delts in about 3-4hours time

Second workout over and done, as promised much more volume work on this one, body is responding really well in this light phase, gaining loads of muscilarity whilst shaping up also

Basically loads of reps and sets on banded shrugs, ending up on 130kg with a extra band resistance of 23-73kg

The a mix of side and rear delts that were supersetted into the shrug movements and a final tid bit of biceps and triceps

BOOM

VALHALLA AWAITS

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
A tale of two workouts haha so another day where I am doubling the workouts up, staring off with a heavish session with the intention of coming in with loads of volume work in my second workout.

Today is leg day so that means squats, squats and more squats!!

Simple one to start, worked my way up to an easy 220kg 485lb for a single, now going to rest and eat (and take the doggos for a walk) for a couple of hours before hitting legs again with my reps and sets

Part 2 of today's leg workout

So following doing my singles this morning, I ate had a walk with the dogs and then jumped straight back into the gym for some basic volume work

Lots of reps all on a banded bar,

Bands 23kg -72.5kg
50lb - 160lb

Great way to pump up the lower quad more and more with every rep but keep massive volume also

Ended up getting up to 120kg which was easy hut my back was seizing up lol so rather than pull anything I I called it quits -but what a pump!

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Part 1 of today's double Trouble squat workouts

Hahah this training twice a day is battering me but its soooo fun also lol

Simple one to start

100kg 3reps
120kg 3reps
140kg 3reps
160kg 3reps
180kg 3reps
200kg 3reps

Then some hill runs

All done in 25mins

Been shattered since then, luckily shane isn't over till early evening. Been taking advantage and been bumming around sunbathing and sleeping lol

Hence the late post lmao

But should be back in the gym in about an hour

Part 2 of my double Trouble Leg workout

A classic way of doing volume for this one, but with a twist

10 sets of 10reps on 80kg 176lb squats ... buuuuuuut.... each set being supersetted with 20reps on leg extensions.

Not massive weights but these things add up, especially on pre-exhausted legs that are feeling the heavy sets from earlier on in the day and the little leg workout I did the day before. Nothing quite like battering your muscles into submission for maximum growth and development.

Finished the workout off with a massive 2min set on leg extensions with a variety of techniques, including flushes, partials and single legged reps

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Feels good to be strong!!!

Way beyond expectations for today's workout.

Warmed up quickly blasting through 70kg then 100kg for just a few weights, but then the real work began.

120kg 265lb 12reps

Great gains over the last few mo ths of training as I was struggling with 7reps at the beginning of this light phase.

Then backing off with

100kg 22reps
80kg 27reps
60kg 35reps

Kept it there as I wanted a simple workout today, so no cambered or band work on bench but I wanted to improvise with some cross over cables using my bands hooked over the top of my cage.

Worked really well, so well that I've ordered some more bands for a greater resistance this time but ended up doing roughly 5 sets of 20reps Which was awesome! Great feeling

#Pectastic Powerlifting corporation️‍♂️ and #Peczilla Power

Present

#PECASAURUS the #EighthWonderOfTheworld APPROVED media

#FeeFiFoFum

#BippityBoppityBOOM #EasyPeasy #LemonSqueezy #BeastModeActivated #valhalla #valhallaawaits #trainingforvalhalla #valhallagym #valhallafitness #strong #vikingpower #vikingstrength #oldmandtrength ☢ #monster ☢#powerlifting #powerlifter ️‍♂️ #weightlifting ️‍♂️#gainz #musclemonster #swoll #beastmode #liftheavyshit #doyouevenlift #neversettle #liftheavy ️‍♂️️‍♂️️‍♂️️‍♂️

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Awesome workout bro!!! I would think the reasons for your lower back cramps was dehydration from activities earlier in the day with out re-hydrating. You could use some heat cream on your lower back to see if that helps. I know it does for me, especially at nite if my legs start cramping and I don't want to spend an hr, stretching to get them loose I put some generic stuff I get from walmart and I'M good to go the rest of the nite.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic