Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Training during cut

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
Alright I have decided on 300 test e for 10-12 weeks for cruise dose. I'm going to go in slight calorie deficit and moderate cardio. But my question is do you all change lifting routines during cut. Never claimed to be super knowledgeable. I just lift heavy and stick to a basic workout regimen. Is there any changes you make between bulk and cut lifting?

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
I don't change anything. My lifts will drop slightly, but other than that I still lift with the same intensity.
Thanks bro. Wasn't sure if you dropped way down in weight and way up in reps

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Thanks bro. Wasn't sure if you dropped way down in weight and way up in reps
Not intentionally. My weight goes down, but not by choice. I just don't have the glycogen to push/pull more when cutting. I would say I drop 5-10% depending on the lift.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
My training really never changes from offseason to contest time other than adding some specialized movements. I always tried to stay heavy

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
Arms are still growing. Scale stuck at 235, must be broken. Lol. Guess it's not a crisis to grow and just maintain weight.

Attachments

• IMG_20220707_120805430_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220707_120805430_HDR.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 65
IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Not intentionally. My weight goes down, but not by choice. I just don't have the glycogen to push/pull more when cutting. I would say I drop 5-10% depending on the lift.

That’s me 100% and definitely can’t do the volume I normally do. I fucking hate cutting, but damn it feels good to get lean lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Arms are still growing. Scale stuck at 235, must be broken. Lol. Guess it's not a crisis to grow and just maintain weight.
Unless you have a specific reason you need to be at a certain weight then I really wouldn't put too much stock in the scale. The mirror will tell you more than anything else. Just don't let it lie to you.

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
Unless you have a specific reason you need to be at a certain weight then I really wouldn't put too much stock in the scale. The mirror will tell you more than anything else. Just don't let it lie to you.
Just was trying to cut a little weight, nothing drastic so I'm content for now. Thanks

C

charger69

Jul 4, 2017
Just was trying to cut a little weight, nothing drastic so I'm content for now. Thanks

I think you mean that you want to lower your bodyfat. Big difference

C

charger69

Jul 4, 2017
My training really never changes from offseason to contest time other than adding some specialized movements. I always tried to stay heavy

Actually, I am trying that this year. I am 5 weeks out and I am still going some sets to failure. I am the heaviest I have ever been but around 8% bf.
Si far, I am looking really full. My routines are obviously not as long due to the increased cardio and lower carbs

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
I think you mean that you want to lower your bodyfat. Big difference

Yes sir, I didn't word that appropriately. Saw where you were 8% and trying to drop. Do you compete?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic