Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Training Assessment

MissMonsterr

MissMonsterr

TID Lady Member
Apr 9, 2015
Has anyone had a training assessment (body composition, diet and training log, and aerobic testing) done? I'm going in Tuesday to have a Bod Pod analysis and they're testing my aerobic performance and filming me weight lift, then in 7 days I'm going back to turn in a diet/training log getting tested in all of those areas again.

I'm going to be a part of a study at my university's medical research center. So it's cool to have done, cause it's all free. Following completion of the study, I will be given a variety of information, such as your dietary analysis, body composition, and measure of aerobic fitness results.

It will be interesting. Has anyone had an assessment done and did it really help your training at all after?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I am trained to actually do them but never had one done. It can provide a lot of useful and also not so useful information. Unfortunately many of the people doing the actual research can't connect the test results to an individual's goals.

If I had one done they would be appalled at my vo2max. It's in the toilet. But i am a powerlifter. They would strongly recommend I start doing aerobic training with no regard for my performance goals.

Still though, curious to see how this goes. Keep me in the loop.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
I am trained to actually do them but never had one done. It can provide a lot of useful and also not so useful information. Unfortunately many of the people doing the actual research can't connect the test results to an individual's goals.

If I had one done they would be appalled at my vo2max. It's in the toilet. But i am a powerlifter. They would strongly recommend I start doing aerobic training with no regard for my performance goals.

Still though, curious to see how this goes. Keep me in the loop.

well aren't they geared towards health and not a person's training goals?

MissMonsterr

MissMonsterr

TID Lady Member
Apr 9, 2015
well aren't they geared towards health and not a person's training goals?

Yeah, these assessments are health focused typically but I know the university does them for our athletes to help training so with the right person it can be training aimed. This is a research study though so they'll make no "suggestions" I'll just get all the paper results in my chart and do with them as I please.

reloader77724

reloader77724

Feb 5, 2015
got to remember that those tests are geared towards inactive people that want to transform there level of fitness. This gives a baseline for them/trainer so they can start at a more appropriate intensity and duration of exercise. I'm with ha PoB lol I couldn't hold out for long when running bc I didn't have the vo2max needed. I've increased my vo2max since then so I'm doing better.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I did them when I was a trainer. With a half a brain, you can use them to apply to any number of goal oriented reasons. I have done it for athletes ranging from Rugby players to runners.

if its free, then go for it! If you're paying, def get with someone with your goals in mind.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Running... what the hell is that, some kind of Chinese torture. I got this big so I don't have to run.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic