Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?
IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Ahhhh ky, no bueno!! Thats ridiculous that both are level 6 felonies. That will just never make sense to me.

This is pretty close to Fort Knox. I wonder if she was from ky or just passing through.

Last edited:
Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
She had no license. I'm sure that had something to do with it...

Yes! They were probably going to arrrest her for that alone and towed her car.
Then they got lucky. Weird. Someone from this area i know, who runs a lab said something happened recently and i havnt heard from him or seen him on the boards. Maybe it could have to do with this. This chick sure wasnt using these drugs. Put them in a Box and throw a stamp on it. They cant open up your mail while searching your car! Some people just amaze me with their stupidity!

liftsiron

liftsiron

Jul 26, 2012
If you have no operators license in MI and get caught driving you go to jail. If you have an expired license or if you are licensed but don't have it with you, you get a ticket.

Robbrock

Robbrock

Mar 13, 2015
It's things like this that bring attention and harder to get gear.

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
Yeah not really.
It's things LIKE THIS that also bring attention to gear lol
Guys get caught with gear everyday! Maybe not as much as other addictive drugs but all the time you see this!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
No OL is an arrestable offense. Your vehicle will be towed, before towing an inventory of the vehicle will be performed. This "usually" includes locked or sealed containers as well.

This makes sense to me. Thanks for explaining.

Don't know about the laws in that state where this occured, but out here it is a misdemeanor to drive with a expired, suspended or have no license, which allows them search your vehicle because you have committed a misdemeanor. Most times the cop will write you a ticket and be on his way, other times they will pull you out, detain you, search vehicle, then if they find nothing you get uncuffed and have to walk home.

This makes sense, too, but seems like they use the missing license as an excuse for a fishing expedition, something a person might be able to challenge, I should think.

Ultimately, the lesson here is that if you're gonna play with fire, don't leave an open gasoliine container nearby. In other words, if you are going to deal in AAS, don't do anything else wrong that will give LE an opening to scrutinize you or your vehicle, or your home. And don't carry large amounts of AAS in your vehicle unless you keep it in a lockbox (LE will need an extra search warrant to search a lockbox, and if you lock it in the trunk -- assuming your car has a trunk -- they'll have to get a search warrant to go in there, too).

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
WTF. Did she have them in the open, or did she consent to a search? Speeding and driving without a valid license are hardly probable cause for a search warrant . . . so how did the cop get access to find these items?

Wake up people. You should never ever consent to a search of your vehicle by regular police, even if you have nothing to hide . . . Border patrol, on the other hand when near to the border, can search without a warrant and there's nothing you can do about it.

Hey Wood, can't an officer search a vehicle since he was arresting her for driving without a valid driver's license? I believe they can search a vehicle incident to an arrest.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
The only way you don't get busted for driving w/o a license is if you are an illegal immigrant, you guys need to catch up on your laws :)

I got rear-ended by an illegal immigrant with no license. I called the cops and basically had to beg them to show up. They refused to detain the dude and told me my insurance should handle it. I flipped out and was screaming at the cops. Anyway...

a few months later I got pulled over at the airport for picking up my friend on the wrong side. my license had JUST expired and i hadn't renewed. my car was impounded immediately.

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
sorry Lizard but it may be diffrent from state to state.
Here. if u get pulled over and u have no license and its suspeneed or u lostit for what eer
u get arrested. or if ur lucky and its like a first offense they give u a summons and just tow your cr!~

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Hey Wood, can't an officer search a vehicle since he was arresting her for driving without a valid driver's license? I believe they can search a vehicle incident to an arrest.

I really don't know and suspect this rule is different in every state. But what I am getting at is having a suspended driver's license and driving with it should not create a suspicion of any further crime, should it? Kind of like a broken tail light or an expired registration. Those give a cop a basis for a stop and cursory glance, and possibly to impound the vehicle, but does not entitle them to a search warrant. If I were a defendant and could afford to fight back in court, I wouldn't give up the argument because it seems like a real weakness in the government's case.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I really don't know and suspect this rule is different in every state. But what I am getting at is having a suspended driver's license and driving with it should not create a suspicion of any further crime, should it? Kind of like a broken tail light or an expired registration. Those give a cop a basis for a stop and cursory glance, and possibly to impound the vehicle, but does not entitle them to a search warrant. If I were a defendant and could afford to fight back in court, I wouldn't give up the argument because it seems like a real weakness in the government's case.

The way this would work is your vehicle is not "searched" if you are arrested. What happens normally is your vehicle is towed. Prior to it being towed, an inventory of the vehicle would happen. It is technically not a search, people would blame the police and say they had $10,000 in the glove box when it was towed and when they got it back it wasn't there.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic