pbtom
What's New?

TRADESMEN: I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I have a request from all our builders, carpenters, painters and/or handymen. I have secured 8 x 3M 6000 series half-face respirators from a buddy who does Mold Abatement. He couldn't provide additional filters and they cannot be purchased right now due to Government control measures.

I need your help if you can spare anything. I give you my word as a man, a father and a nurse that I am not selling or profiting from them or the masks. I am keeping 1 for myself and giving them to my coworkers who are in direct contact with patients in the Emergency Dept. PM me if you have the means to help. I just need filters, I want you to keep your masks for your own use if it gets that bad. Even if you just a pair to spare it might help save a life

We need 3M: 2091s or 6001s rated at N95, P95, N100 or P100 "bayonete style" filters.

Even USED ones that have only been exposed to paint and dust (not COVID-19 or organic pollutants)

P100.jpg
P95.jpg

Last edited:
Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
They're Chinese knockoffs for the most part. We have doctors who bought from Ebay claiming stateside only to find they are shipping Chinese made replacement filters that fit the masks made by 3M but are not 3M manufactured. This is not the time to "trust" ebay as there are no protections for consumers and nobody in their right mind would wear a filter that they hope is real vs. a filter bought stateside made by 3M itself.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
They're Chinese knockoffs for the most part. We have doctors who bought from Ebay claiming stateside only to find they are shipping Chinese made replacement filters that fit the masks made by 3M but are not 3M manufactured. This is not the time to "trust" ebay as there are no protections for consumers and nobody in their right mind would wear a filter that they hope is real vs. a filter bought stateside made by 3M itself.

Gotcha! I had an old cartridge respirator from when I did some paintwork. I tried to locate it in my shop but had no luck.

I know at some point I had a box with extra organic vapor cartridges in it, just cant remember where it might have ended up.

Wish I could help man!

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Hey brother, I think I may have a mask kit with filters to fit that mask. Let me check and edit this in a few mins.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Yes brother those flat cotton ones are the correct filters. They should have N95 or P95 printed on the mask side. Let me know what you want for em.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic