Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Total T Levels normal but Free T levels very high?

M

matter2003

Apr 11, 2013
Just curious what this means in regards to TRT, which I have been on for several years now.

My total T levels are in the 820s, but my Free T levels are in the 260s, which means my Total T is well within range but my free T is off the scale high, as the cutoff is supposed to be 155 for the test at the high point.

I know this is from low SHBG levels which are not binding to it and rendering it inactive, but why is the free T so high when the Total T is in range?

Also, this is a constant thing for me, and every test I get done always shows the same thing...my Total T numbers will be well within normal range but my Free T numbers are very high.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Just curious what this means in regards to TRT, which I have been on for several years now.

My total T levels are in the 820s, but my Free T levels are in the 260s, which means my Total T is well within range but my free T is off the scale high, as the cutoff is supposed to be 155 for the test at the high point.

I know this is from low SHBG levels which are not binding to it and rendering it inactive, but why is the free T so high when the Total T is in range?

Don't know, but I would think this is what one would want...Free is what gives the muscle, not total....Are u taking any thing to free the free up?....o_O

M

matter2003

Apr 11, 2013
Don't know, but I would think this is what one would want...Free is what gives the muscle, not total....Are u taking any thing to free the free up?....o_O

I take exemestane(aromasin) because I am a high aromatizer 2-3 x week but other than that not really. If I don't take exemestane my estradiol numbers get out of control quickly.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I take exemestane(aromasin) because I am a high aromatizer 2-3 x week but other than that not really. If I don't take exemestane my estradiol numbers get out of control quickly.

I'll do a little research on it....Could be in your diet....I believe there are some foods that could possible do this...Not sure tho...

M

matter2003

Apr 11, 2013
I'll do a little research on it....Could be in your diet....I believe there are some foods that could possible do this...Not sure tho...

Looks like it might be the exemestane doing it...found this blurb:

" dose-dependent decrease in sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) has been observed with daily exemestane doses of 2.5 mg or higher. "

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic