Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

torn meniscus

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Well shit.. Tore my meniscus 3 months ago. It's not getting better. It's so painful it keeps me awake at night now. The knee binds and locks when I try to extend it. Then it pops when I force it to extend.

Have any of you guys been able to rehab this? Have shots helped with the inflammation? I'm really wanting to avoid surgery. I've had two surgeries in 2 years and really don't need the downtime.

Thanks for your input.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I am very sorry to hear about this. I guess he worst part fo this is it usually leads to osteoarthritis. I must have torn mine 10 years ago and didn't really bother with it because it didn't hurt much. 8 years ago it started affecting my job as a football coach standing a lot. Still did anything I wanted including weights. In the last few months it got worse and now I find out I have no miniscus left and osteoarthritis, so its bone on bone. Last Friday I started shot #1 of 3 with hyluronic acid and PRP. Tomorrow I go for #2. As of just today the pain is minimal and I feel more stability. The doctor tells me it takes about a week and after 3 injections I should be good for 6 months.

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
I've had torn meniscus on both knee's.I had to have sugery on both.They only seem to get worse over time.Right now I'm still healing up from a total knee replacement.I'd say get it fixed, yep the down time sucks but you'll be better off after it heals.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
I've had torn meniscus on both knee's.I had to have sugery on both.They only seem to get worse over time.Right now I'm still healing up from a total knee replacement.I'd say get it fixed, yep the down time sucks but you'll be better off after it heals.

Thanks, Ogre.

What was your downtime? Was it absolute downtime or could you limp around a bit? I run a business and I can't trust others to do my work.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
NO down time. I got it on Friday afternoon and walked out no more or less of a limp than what I already had. He told me to take it easy over the weekend and return to full activity on Monday. I did mow the grass on Sunday. Did legs on Tuesday with 9 plates on each side of the leg press. He also said extensions were fine.

I am avoiding like hell total knee replacement!

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
[
Thanks, Ogre.

What was your downtime? Was it absolute downtime or could you limp around a bit? I run a business and I can't trust others to do my work.
I do full on heavy construction work so it took 6 to 8 weeks to be good to go but considering your job I think 2 weeks would be ok if your not doing any heavy lifting on need to be on your feet for long at that point you shouldn't need crutches but everyone is different.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic